BSNL 3G: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

I have Nokia N85 bsnl 3g setting everything is ok browsing watching tv is good but when i connect my phone as modem to my pc or laptop through nokia pc suite the max speed usb modem port support is 921kbps which is very less compared to 3.2mbps i get on my phone so whats the use of connecting phone as modem to pc is there any way to increase usb modem port speed to 3.2mbps

so you are saying that your hardware does not support high speed data transfer?

Dude check ur PC are you using the data cable to connect the phone, bluetooth connection might be the culprit, I am using 5800 with the PC via Nokia PC Suite connected via USB cable and I can touch 1.4 Mbps without problems, I think it should easily go around 2 MBps If I try very late at night around 2-3 A.M

i think all pc usb port support only max 921kbps but phone suppoerts 3.2mbps so there some kind of speed cap in pc usbport

USB has multiple standards. the latest one is USB 3.0 of course which support pretty high speeds. if his machine has the older USB 1.x standard... it is likely to feature much slower speeds.

USB has multiple standards. the latest one is USB 3.0 of course which support pretty high speeds.

if his machine has the older USB 1.x standard... it is likely to feature much slower speeds.

Iam having USb version 2 what speed does it support

i am using Nokia 5800 mobile. i am able to access net ON PHONE using wap APN (wapsouth.cellone.in).but i am not able to use internet APN (bsnlnet or gprssouth.cellone.in). eventually i am not able to use net on laptop using PC suite.can you give me some idea how it can be made successful?-- Sharath

@ SharathDid you try sending sms to 53733 your model no. the BSNL will send you settings.in APN make bsnlnet as default. Then use pc suite, it will automatically take the settings. New PC suite has inbuilt all APNs including BSNL

Back