BSNL 3G: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

HiI've upgraded from 2G to 3G recently using SMS. Although it got activated, i've unable to get the settings for Nokia 5800. Can anyone from south, pls post the connection settings including Access point name, proxy server address and proxy port number as shown using "Settings - Connectivity - Destinations- Internet" path. BSNL customer service is failing to give any reply...think user name and password is our mobile number using '91' as prefixthanks...

I'm using Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.Just now I activated my existing 2G SIM to 3G through SMS.My 2G SIM Prepaid is of Tamilnadu and I'm now at Trivandrum (Roaming).Tested with a 4 min Youtube Video through Youtube App from Ovi Store.Damn its very fast compared to GPRS..Cheers,

well jd i,ve used both corby pro and 5800 hundred i i totally agree that touch is better in pro but screen display of 5800 is miles ahead it gives sharp and crisp images..only problem faced with 5800 is its gravity sensor,it sometimes confuses phone and hangs..Well , Please , Nokia is not best in touch screen , Samsung is best , Go with Corby pro or else settled on star 3G , depending on ur budget, well the bundled earphone is not good in star 3g , if u have ur own then it rocks

5800 is good , but i told , nokia touch is not smooth like samsung

I use a 5230 as a backup, which is basically a pared down version of the 5800 with an updated version of Symbian. Works great on BSNL 3G but personally is too bulky for me to lug around as a modem. I'm also not big fan of Nokia's resistive touch screens and the laggy UI. I'd also avoid the Ovi suite and just create a direct dial up connection under Networking if you're on Windows.

The settings are....

Connection Name: bsnl_internet
Data Bearer: Packet Data
Access Point Name: gprssouth.cellone.in
Username: ppp
Prompt Password: No
Password: ppp123
Authentication: Normal
Homepage: http://bsnl.co.in
Use Access Point: After Confirmatio

If you using it as a modem to connect laptop Windows should by default dial *99***8#.

5800 v 40 firmware update makes 5800 so so much better. 3g works good on it but it depends on BSNL to provide quality speeds. 5800 supports HSDPA (aka 7.2 mbps speeds).

5800 v 40 firmware update makes 5800 so so much better. 3g works good on it but it depends on BSNL to provide quality speeds. 5800 supports HSDPA (aka 7.2 mbps speeds).

I to have 5800 xm with v 40 firmware and it does support HSDPA but only till 3.6 mbps, I checked the specs for 5800

only 3.6mbps only. Nokia smartphone is mess , Nokia misses the bus , HTC and Samsung are growing very well, if iPhone priced well in India , it sells like hot cases

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

well jd i,ve used both corby pro and 5800 hundred i i totally agree that touch is better in pro but screen display of 5800 is miles ahead it gives sharp and crisp images..only problem faced with 5800 is its gravity sensor,it sometimes confuses phone and hangs..
nokia 5800 is nokia last good smartphone , now , nothing left for nokia, they must come with Andreiod and a phone with much needed future

I wish we had even 3.2, at the moment its ridiculous, sometimes its 2mbps sometimes its freaking 400kbps

Lucky you managed to touch 2 mbps I just managed to touch around 950 kbps max average around 450

Back