Nokia 5800 XpressMusic to take on Apple iPhone

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,426
no not the os.i mean third party applications which are not java based.

Apple iPhone sells in large numbers because of the software. iphone os x is much advance compared to any other mobile OS out there in the market right now. and apple is primarily an american company. Nokia has what? a pathetic market presence in the US. apple is a new player in the mobile phone market. they have just one mobile phone on sale in the market. still, they have managed to sell millions of devices without any major hassle. they are the second largest smartphone seller in the US market. just behind Blackberry. Apple iPhone on its own is the most popular smartphone being sold in the US market. Nokia 5800 on the other hand is just one of the many models Nokia has and would launch in the future to take on the iPhone with little success. Nokia would probably sell many more mobile phones compared to Apple in the coming years. But the truth remains, no single mobile phone from Nokia can match the sale of Apple iPhone 3G.

Well stop such comparisons.Post one lakh MacBook PRO has just 2 GB RAM and only 250 GB HDD, Now you'd compare Dell/Vaio is much better, you can get 8 GB RAM and 500GB hdd of that expensive laptop, but hey wait a sec, MBP is MBP and anyone who owns MBP doesn't give a damn to those comparisons. Accept it or not Apple has got style factor and that style comes for a premium. So stop cribbing about it. Whosoever own iPhone, adores it as simple as this. If money were not an issue most of you who are cribbing about it would have appreciated it.And Nokia came up with 5800 after iPhone; that's the difference. When apple launch a product it has power to transform the market because they are so damn innovative. Hell a lot of companies have made phone is same form factor after iPhone. Why were they not doing so before iPhone?

exactly. i am sure a few companies had touchscreen phones before Apple came out with the iPhone.the iphone made the touchscreen phones cool. more companies launched more products. apple made the segment a hit. and they are the leaders in this segment. every new phone is compared to Apple iPhone which is funny considering they are the newbie in this market and giants like motorola and Nokia are struggling against it.btw. i paid big bucks for a puny macbook which cost me more than a much capable Dell would have costed. but i like what i got in the end. have no issues paying a bit extra for the mac.

I know that i-phone launching first but Nokia gives the complete device i phone have lots for restriction like:-
phone: Paid service with Apple Itunes Store. You pay and download music to your iPhone.
Nokia 5800: “Comes with music” service is bundled with Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic phone by which you can download as much music as you want for 1 year- FREE!!

this is only one difference to providing better service.

I know that i-phone launching first but Nokia gives the complete device i phone have lots for restriction like:-
phone: Paid service with Apple Itunes Store. You pay and download music to your iPhone.
Nokia 5800: “Comes with music” service is bundled with Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic phone by which you can download as much music as you want for 1 year- FREE!!

this is only one difference to providing better service.

r u sure we can download as much music we want on the nokia phone free legally?

Back