I am planning to buy Nokia 5800 : Your comments please...?

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 13,485
Nokia 5800 is a great phone, I recommend you to buy it.I have not experienced the problems which some other users have mentioned, although it could be because my handset is fairly new (bought it in November last year).

yes it's a good phone. i bought it in june last year. it had some bugs but software updates keep coming. ovi store also has lots of free apps and there is also free navigation. 5800 has satellite gps so there is no need for data plan for A-GPS.
music playback is good, battery is decent i charge it once in 2 days and my usage is music,browsing,texting and sometimes movies.

but there are certain cons also
bad camera
i have problems playing some mp4 files
screen rotation doesnt work sometime.

but i can surely say that its better than the cookies and the corbys and other touch screen phones and you must buy it.

if ur budget is tight u can buy 5530,5235,..... i guess there are 5-6 models with same looks but reduced features

I agree with all of you, i have a 5800 as well & really like it. Did have some issues with screen rotation(accelerometer) but after upgrading to the latest firmware at Nokia service center that seems to be fixed the phone works even better with new features ... i would really call it the best touchscreen phone in it's price range.

Well Nokia 5800 is also good , but application wise and memory, screen, processing power and OS , Samsung Galaxy is best

Samsung Galaxy is also a pretty good phone with Android OS, Amoled screen, better 3g speeds, Processing capability etc but like already discussed does not have some basic features such as FM Radio or Bluetooth file transfer(BT is this model is only for headphone & data transfer etc is not supported) .. check into all these facts and you can buy one of these 2 depending on your requirements.

I agree with all of you, i have a 5800 as well & really like it. Did have some issues with screen rotation(accelerometer) but after upgrading to the latest firmware at Nokia service center that seems to be fixed the phone works even better with new features ... i would really call it the best touchscreen phone in it's price range.

Samsung Galaxy is also a pretty good phone with Android OS, Amoled screen, better 3g speeds, Processing capability etc but like already discussed does not have some basic features such as FM Radio or Bluetooth file transfer(BT is this model is only for headphone & data transfer etc is not supported) .. check into all these facts and you can buy one of these 2 depending on your requirements.
I know it had a2adp bluetooth , but can not transfer file , after Anderiod 2.1 later in april . all this glitches should be remove , except FM,
well i also said Nokia 5800 is good phone , but penny wise , samsung is value for money ,actually i m Anderiod supporter, that why i continuously told GO for Galaxy

I am using it. A very good phone. But would be happy if it has dual SIM. I think it is the only feature missing. All the best.

Well why not, I will surely buy it..! But I still have certain doubts. In another forum I came to know that the current version of N 5800 has a TV Out, but its just that the TV Out cable is not provided. But here I get to hear that the TV Out option is not available at all ! And some say that I would get N 5530 now ! But I am looking for N 5800, if not the first version, then the second version atleast !

Back