I am planning to buy Nokia 5800 : Your comments please...?

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 13,485
Samsung i5700 Galaxy Spica will be a good bet when compared to Nokia 5800

It got android 2.1 update recently, only draw back i see is it doesn't have video call , as there is no second camera

Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica gets Android 2.1, ready for download - GSMArena.com news
I told him many times , go with Samsung Galaxy 7500, it too get 2.1 update, ab sunta kon hai , hawa lag gaye hai nokia ke

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

after 6 month or early , nobody looking at nokia 5800

must buy....also latest firmware update v 40 now available in india via NSU...

I told him many times , go with samsung Galaxy 7500, it too get 2.1 update, ab sunta kon hai , hawa lag gaye hai Nokia ke[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

[/COLOR]after 6 month or early , nobody looking at nokia 5800

As suggested earlier, I also recommended you to go for 5800 but now mate, you should look at this Samsung Galaxy again, it was launched last year only and also has a faster processor, capacitive touch screen, and other things, take a look here.
Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica vs. Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - GSMArena.com
If I wouldn't have bought 5800 earlier, I would have surely gone for this phone, also Android is updated frequently while software updates for Nokia come quite slow as compared to Android (though if this Samsung will get future updates to Android is doubt able), so there is a better chance of getting new features (if applicable) to your same phone.
Only cons (according to me) are it has a low resolution compared to 5800 and no radio and maybe other things of which I am not aware of.
Anyways its your choice.

I am in a fix again ! :p Anyways, I just went through the comparison page and found that the Samsung model is a good one too. But somehow the Nokia counterpart seemed to have better features than the former including the ones already mentioned by ushpiy like FM,resolution,etc. Also the Samsung model does not have a secondary camera, then whats the use of 3G..? Since video calling is an important aspect of 3G ! And moreover, Java compatibility is available through 3rd party applications only and the Samsung model includes 180 MB of internal memory but Nokia has 81 MB of internal memory + 8GB MicroSD card for free. (Correct me if I am wrong). However, the battery feature feature in the Samsung Galaxy model seems to be cool ! The talk time/standby time is way better than Nokia 5800.

a couple of questions. i am not sure how popular video calling is in the western world. maybe its popular in countries like japan or south korea. but i have not seen any hollywood movie using video calling in general terms. i do remember video calling in the japanese edition of fast and furious movie. also... video calling would require both the sides to have a video calling enabled phone and a 3g connection. it might be practical after a couple of years. but in the near future? maybe not. google android is an open platform. it is being developed at a rapid pace. new exciting features are being added through firmware upgrades or applications on a regular basis. i own a nexus one. no front facing camera. i do not give a shit. it is a solid phone. Nokia? nokia 5800 and symbian?symbian is expected to be updated with a major new edition later this year. i doubt nokia would upgrade all of the existing phones to this new version which would be optimized for the touchscreen devices. current versions are using a hacked up version that does not really work that well for touchscreen devices. personally, i vouch for the android platform. i hate nokia for being the microsoft of the mobile world. kept on launching hundreds of new devices with no big innovation. and until Apple came and kicked their arse, they were really going to continue doing that.

I am in a fix again ! :p Anyways, I just went through the comparison page and found that the Samsung model is a good one too. But somehow the Nokia counterpart seemed to have better features than the former including the ones already mentioned by ushpiy like FM,resolution,etc. Also the Samsung model does not have a secondary camera, then whats the use of 3G..? Since video calling is an important aspect of 3G ! And moreover, Java compatibility is available through 3rd party applications only and the Samsung model includes 180 MB of internal memory but Nokia has 81 MB of internal memory + 8GB MicroSD card for free. (Correct me if I am wrong). However, the battery feature feature in the Samsung Galaxy model seems to be cool ! The talk time/standby time is way better than Nokia 5800.

3G I believe is mostly used for data and videocalling I think is not that popular. after the novelty wears off its as good as being useless. radio i dont think many people listen to nowadays while the only trade off left now is the resolution and considering the pros of this phone (Galaxy) it is acceptable
also as admin mentioned android is a rapidly growing os and the samsung may get future updates as it isnt custom skinned.
5800 according to me has less chances of being updated in the future as nokia will now focus more on new devices and meego
besides the iPhone too doesnt have a front facing camera and i think it doesnt have a fm too

mate , u still have time , go with Andreiod, If u love video calling more than ur GF than go with Nokia 5800, otherwise go with Galaxy 7500, (Galaxy has inbuilt 8GB memory ) i read this in techtree review (may be , please check to sure)

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

It is 8GB of internal memory

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

icycool25 , look at handy Samsung galaxy, u will sure love it , it is very compact and lightweight , i think it has Lithium Poly-more battery of 1500Mah

Am in a fix now once again ! :eek: Don't know what to go for...! :( Nokia 5800 or Samsung i7500 ! In the other Orkut community too, there were complaints regarding the software lag issue in N 5800. Still need some more research I guess ! :imwink:

Trust me admin, I am having a nice time doing some research, after all I am getting to know about so many phones due to this !

Back