I am planning to buy Nokia 5800 : Your comments please...?

• Thread starter Thread starter icycool25
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 13,485
and what good does that do to you? create more confusion about your upcoming smartphone purchase? researching does not always help. you find out about the bad aspects of the device you are going to end up purchasing. i am more of an impulsive buyer. i bought the nexus one simply because of the google brand name. i have had some disappointments with this phone. but i do not give a shit. i bought the phone i wanted to buy and i am going to use it for a long time to come (provided it does not die on me). if i had gone researching into ten different devices, it would have created crapshitness in my mind. which is well useless. considering this is just a stupid mobile phone that you would end up replacing in a couple of years anyways. and all the knowledge you are gaining right now would be useless in a couple of weeks. mobile phones change all the time. the time you are wasting right now can possibly be utilized somewhere else.

I totally disagree with you admin on this note. It is always fair to do research on products. And when did coming to know about the ill effects of a product become wrong ? Any sensible person in his/her right minds will always want to assess the pros/cons of a particular product before investing on it ! Guess, we are going off-topic !

cool then.ok i would add some more of my thoughts here. i did not exactly wanted to say that you should not research. the point was more like over-researching is not always a good thing. for me the decision was easy to make. i have grown to dislike Apple branded products. they have their pluses. but the minuses are more. i wanted to get a device with google android platform and n1 felt like the best device considering it came unlocked and was a google concept and htc manufactured phone. if i were to pick between android and symbian... i would pick android by default. just because of the open and progressive nature of the platform. incidentally, symbian is also now open source. but not the version that comes with the Nokia smartphone you are considering. one year from now... symbian would probably a worthy challenger to android (and iPhone i guess). windows phone 7 series would also probably be vowing potential customers. right now... the only platforms to consider getting on smartphones is either the android or the iphone os. symbian, windows mobile 6.x and others are still 1/2 generation old.

icycool 25, if u increase ur budget to 15000 to 20000, still u never get a deal like i7500Admi is right thought , andriod is present and future

Back