Nokia 5800 XpressMusic to take on Apple iPhone

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,426
Apple itunes is huge in the USA.Nokia has almost zero presence in this market. Nokia is targeting the european market with Comes with Music. Asian market? I am not sure.Nokia comes with music service does not compete with iTunes. iTunes music works with iPods and now any decent media player that has support for AAC format. nokia on the other hand has linked the phone with the music available through comes with music store.

Reviving a 10 month old thread :D

Folks using this particular model, can you point the cons :D I see piyush had booked one!

Am still using Nokia 5800, The phone is good (Except for some initial software bugs which was fixed by Nokia Care).

If you are planning to buy Nokia 5800, I would suggest go for Nokia India - Nokia 5230 - Products

----------

Its the same phone except some minor changes.

And what about multiple touch [as in clicking twice to open certain paths / links], is that something irritating or may be you have got used to it?

----------

The 5230 is touted to be the 'mini' 5800, right? It doesn't seem to have WiFi, and the camera is of a lower resolution. I think this will be launched in the 10K price segment.

Initially it was a new thing, But now am used to it.

I remember even the touch technology was a new for me and I have great problems with that, But I got used to it in some time.

----------

Yes, 5800 costs somewhere around 14K now with a Sennheiser headsets.

----------

I had paid 17K with normal Nokia headsets, a stand to keep ur phone while watching videos (according to me which is a crap, I havent used it ever) and a pouch and yeh a extra stylus.

Also, how 'effective' is the GPS :D I know these things are bound to suck in India, still...

i have never used the GPS on my wife's Nokia phone. it came with 3 months free access to the maps. that meant i did not use it at all.

I managed to see the Bangalore International Airport and only main roads nothing else. But the software update was giving me some notifications of new version of maps available. I need to download & install, Will do that tomorrow and see if the maps has improved.

Back