Nokia is struggling

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 64
  • Views Views 12,264
Eventually Windows-Nokia marriage might click .(Pirated windoz is more in India and 3rd world but not in west)

Latest wall street news:

Nokia (NYSE:NOK) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) plan to eventually offer $100 Windows Phone hardware.

Samsung is offering Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) a deal on a patent dispute over the two companies’ tablet computers that would allow Samsung to release its Galaxy Tab 10.1 device in Australia. While details of the deal have not been released, Apple’s attorney concedes that the agreement has some potential benefits.

Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) is expected to ship 4 million Kindle Fire units in 2011, a solid start considering the tablet was only launched on September 28, but well below the 11 million to 15 million iPads Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) expects to ship during the fourth quarter.

Hewlett-Packard (NYSE:HPQ) won’t finalize plans to spin off its PC business until the end of the year, according to DigiTimes.

Lenovo bought IBM's PC business. May be Another Chinese/Taiwanese PC manufacturer will buy HP/Compaq hardware unit.( they are talking spinning off/ not disposing)

But dont u think, India & 3rd World itself is the main market for them? I have just heard from my relatives in the west, that "Nobody even thinks of Nokia there."

Things may change once integration between Nokia and Microsoft becomes more prominent.Windows should be priced appropriately here for people to even consider buying original software. Game distrubutors have taken the initiative and begun charging 600 and 999 Rs for games which cost 50 and 60 dollars.

i think they can still do well in the budget phone market. i mean i see at 100 and 101 models. they are pretty solid devices for the prices Nokia is charging for them. they still have a reputation. they still have tons of loyal fans in india. not everyone has moved on to iPhone and android. the only problem is that they have to sustain their presence in both budget and high end market. and with WP7 they would be able to do just that.

I would love to buy a Nokia device again :(But, I don't think there are much options available that fulfills my needs.

Smartphone market is set to go through another major revolution in the next 2-3 months. Next Apple iPhone launches this month. Next Google Nexus branded smartphone launches this month. Apple iOS 5 launches this month. Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich launches this month.Windows Phone Mango is being rolled out.WP Mango based Nokia devices could be announced in a matter of months. Amazon Kindle Fire goes on sale. Next B&N Nook Color would be out too. Six months from now, the entire smartphone and Tablet PC market would look much much different.

Six Months, hmm.Quite challenging to stay patient for this long. But, it definitely worth it.

But have Google guys given any hint as to what price the next phone will be launched? I went around googling for quite some time, but wasnt able to find out exactly the price. Or say a rough estimate around which the price cud hover.

both nexus one and nexus s were priced at around USD 530 that came to around USD 570 with taxes. i am hoping the same for nexus prime. there is one problem though. all the latest reports hint at a verizon model. so they might launch nexus prime on verizon initially and the gsm edition might arrive a bit late... i hope this is wrong and the gsm edition goes on sale from day one. october 11 is the key date. a friend is coming back from usa this month. he has not given me the dates. if everything turns out fine, i would probably be able to place an order and get it. if not, i would have to look for another source.

Oh yeah, i just forgot that it wont be available in India from Day 1! :( So SGS2, is the only way to go for me. But any idea as to whether Ice Cream Sandwich will be available on it? I dont want immediate, but atleast after some lag?

Back