Nokia Lumia 710

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 5,269
I didn't mean it should be open source when I say its restricted. I mean its doesn't allow phone to be connected in mass storage, is lot dependent on zune, doesn't allow file sharing via bluetooth etc. also UI is lot less customizable compared to other platforms.

If Nokia would have gone with android they would have surely killed Samsung and others :Kill: , just my view ;) and the restrictions regarding bluetooth etc are because of the OS and MS is working to make it more frndly (as far as i know from some nokia people ;) )

I didn't mean it should be open source when I say its restricted. I mean its doesn't allow phone to be connected in mass storage, is lot dependent on zune, doesn't allow file sharing via bluetooth etc. also UI is lot less customizable compared to other platforms.

Oh. Even that is not going to happen as WP7 is more like iOS than Android or Symbian. They had this support for external cards earlier, but the process was painful and weird. If you want to use the domain storage mode, you can do that by tweaking the registry

it's a good price at 13300 odd rs. that's the way new smartphones should be priced. in last 1 yr samsung has dropped only abt 10 % on SGS 2 and Galaxy ace is a joke currently selling at 14000. in feb last yr it was 15000. it should have been arnd 8000 now.these mobile cos don't slash the prices as their products age. they will phase out and replace it with new products, even if the old product's hardware will work fine. Prime ex is Google Nexus 1 and S. N1 is about 2 yrs old, but it's Specs will bring shame to the likes of galaxy ace.And the less said about iPhones,the better. 3 yr old 3GS selling at 20,000, Lol. no wonder Apple is sitting with 100 Billion $ cash.

One colleague bought this phone. He is literally mad at it.Touch screen is gud, so is contacts and social app. Apps can be pinned to main screen, nice option.Battery is bad, bluetooth sucks, no data transfer options (need to use Zune), no front cam, no video calling, micro sim, no flash, no memory card. Display not gud. Limited apps.Even Lumia 800 is not so great. Then why the hype for these phones?

One colleague bought this phone. He is literally mad at it.

Touch screen is gud, so is contacts and social app. Apps can be pinned to main screen, nice option.

Battery is bad, bluetooth sucks, no data transfer options (need to use Zune), no front cam, no video calling, micro sim, no flash, no memory card. Display not gud. Limited apps.

Your colleague realised this AFTER buying the phone?

One colleague bought this phone. He is literally mad at it.

Touch screen is gud, so is contacts and social app. Apps can be pinned to main screen, nice option.

Battery is bad, bluetooth sucks, no data transfer options (need to use Zune), no front cam, no video calling, micro sim, no flash, no memory card. Display not gud. Limited apps.

Even Lumia 800 is not so great. Then why the hype for these phones?

Touch screen is gud. Display is not good.... Misleading.

Micro sim, no front cam, limited memory and all those factors you are pointing out are already known on the features list. If one is mad at those reasons then it means that the purchase was made blindly without going through the specifications and now you are blaming the phone since you are unhappy.

Back