Nokia Lumia Black Software Update

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 5,876
socrates said:
I would suggest for Lumia owners to go slow on updating your phones, when many rush to update, the initial rush creates its own set of problems. Let somebody else do the beta testing :D for you then go & do the updates after you are certain its beneficial for you. I have always followed this rule for my Android phones.
Same here, I usually wait for 3-4 weeks before I update my phone. By that time we can get to know if any new issues are present with latest update.
I too had no issue with GDR2 + Nokia Amber update. Except I didn't get FM Radio which was known.

Updating my Lumia 920 :)... Charge atleast 80% atleast before update

Biggest improvement is the abilty to close apps directly from multi tasking screen. It seems really idiotic going into app and pressing back button each time you have to close an app. Every time I use my collegues' 720 or 92 ..I swipe the apps in the multi tasking list up so that it would close before realizing windows doesn't work that way. Iam not considering gifting my dad an 720

http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/flow/item/19133_Nokia_Lumia_Black_update_start.php
The Nokia Lumia Black software update has now started rolling out for the Lumia 625. The update is now available for country (generic) variants in many European markets. It is also available for some operator variants. For example, in the UK, it is currently available for O2, Virgin, and Vodafone branded devices, but not yet for EE branded devices. A similar pattern of availability is found in most Asia-Pacific markets.
Image Source: Same link as above.

I like the ability to close the apps in the App Switcher window.
The Glance 2.0 is also nice.
App Folder is a good first step. I hope Nokia improves it.
I also like that we can now lock the screen rotation to either portrait or landscape.
Finally, Lumia 720 missed the "Double tap to wake" during the Amber update but now got it in the Black update.
Looking forward to Windows Phone 8.1 later this year.

What a shame, all WP8 Lumia except my Lumia 620 now has Black Update available :(

Back