Once upon a time there was Hockey!

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 31,864
KPS Gill Quotes:

It is very easy to resign and sit at home, but that will not serve any purpose. I will not give in to the propaganda that is being created.

I will go on till 2010. After that, we will see.

We're prepared if the World Cup is not held in India. We have not had the World Cup here for ages.

About "Promoting Indian Hockey"

The project was started a year ago and progress is being reviewed. We have had many discussions over it in the past several months

We are the Asian champions in all age groups starting from the U-16 level. But nobody talks about that. We don't have such a record in any other sport.

Print Story: India may lose 2010 World Cup, but Gill says he'll stay till then on Yahoo! News

we are doomed.

I saw his interview on NDTV 24x7. He looked and talked like a senile person. And the interviewer (Vishnu Shom) seemed shit scared of him, the way he was asking questions.

super cop :D anyone would be scared of him. even the politicians are scared of him...

Hockey crisis worse, players given 1 day to return
With the hockey standoff continuing, Hockey India did some hard talking on Tuesday. It has given players on strike one more day to return to practice. Thereafter, says the interim body that governs the game, it will go ahead and play the World Cup next month with reserves or totally new players who will be given \"crash training\".
Admitting that the impasse over payments continued, Hockey India president AK Mattoo said: \"Players have told us they will continue with the strike...It seems like money is more important for players than playing for their nation. Everywhere across the globe, the priority is playing for the country and not the money.\"
Mattoo said the kind of money the players were demanding would run into crores of rupees and the body did not have the cash surplus, something that had been explained to the players.
He said if the players did not return to practice in a day, the preparatory camp for World Cup would be broken for a few days and then would resume. Players who did not practice would have to leave the complex.
Yesterday, Hockey India had given the players a 24-hour ultimatum which it extended by another 24 hours today.
Earlier in day, prior to the meeting between players and Hockey India, the Punjab government and the Madhya Pradesh government had put their hands up in support of the team and decided to meet all their demands.
Punjab Dy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal who is president of Punjab Hockey Federation said, \"Punjab govt is willing to take all responsibilities, expenditures, training of all the players. We are willing to take on all the expenses and the training if they send the camp to the Punjab govt.\"
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had also said that the State government was willing to bear the expenditure for increased payment and training for players of Indian National Hockey team.
I hope Punjab & MP govt not trying to play with emotions of players.
Where is SAHARA (or Mallaya, Ambani)?
Or atleast BCCI???

I guess SRK did said something about Indian hockey condition in some press interview...

Back