OnePlus One

The “Never Settle” smartphone is now confirmed to have high-end specs such as a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor at 2.46GHz, 3GB of RAM, a 1920×1080 Full-HD 5.5″ display, and a 13MP camera capable of 4K video recording.
On the software side of things, the OnePlus One is packing a custom flavor of CyanogenMod 11 atop Android 4.4, Kit Kat. CyanogenMod 11S adds nifty features such as a custom theme engine allowing the One to maintain a unique look, but users will be able to customize to their liking.
The OnePlus One will be available in Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, UK and the USA. The 16GB Silk White model will run you $299, while the 64GB Sandstone Black model will run users $349.

OnePlus will be selling the One, however, on an invite-based system. On April 25, the first 100 buyers will get a $1 One if they smash their phone.
OnePlus One Now Official, the “2014 Flagship Killer” Available in 16GB for $299 | Droid Life
OnePlus One Smash

Software on this is powered by Cyanogenmod so you can be sure to get updates for very long time. Definitely longer than Google Nexus devices. So this is a pretty solid device to consider buying.

Umm, ur point is right. But in this world technology changes so fast that, people desire new phone every 2-3 years!
So overall support for long-term software update really does not make too much sense.

Hehe, my Sony Live with walkman has hit 2 and half years!
Running Cyanogenmod 11 with Kitkat 4.4.2!
If hardware does not fail (touchwood) I am not changing it for 2 more years!
Additionally, I am still using Nokia N70 everyday (purchased in 2007 or so!)

A smartphone is one of the few things I splurge on these days. So I prefer replacing them as soon as a good upgrade option is available.

I really struggle to carry the same phone for 2 years. but this time I will wait for the next iteration after nexus 6 or whatever its gonna be called

Back