ont pon blinking

• Thread starter Thread starter jpsharma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 772
ISP
fast fiber services (wired internet service provider bsnl)
I'm internet service provider.pon is blinking on some onts even i changed the wire and splitter,pach chord also but pon is not being stable kindly help me if anyone have suggestions optical power also in range

Usable Range: -7 to -25
Optimal Range: -7 to -20
Worst Range: 0 to -6 and -25 beyond
There is so many reason for PON blinking

Last edited:
One possible reason: Total no. of users on a single olt port is more than that port can support.
I have been through this and my LCO/TIP did not listen until 1 and half month passed.
Glad to see that you're trying to figure it out for your customers.

Maybe some authentication issue? Like MAC binding or their MAC addresses getting blacklisted for some reason.

@jpsharma PON light blinking is always an issue with the fibre line ie a break, a sharp bend or even loss of signal due to "over loading" a single OLT port or too many splices/repairs in the fibre cable.

Please use a meter called an OLTS to determine the signal strength at your customer's premises OR an OTDR to determine breaks in the fibre. If you dont have these meters please take the help of the BSNL technicians they should have them.

@jpsharma its a known issue with cheap OLTs which BSNL LCO/TIP use. Actually SN mismatch is causing the issue. All you can do is, ask BSNL to again register all ONT once again. Make sure to keep backup of registered SN.

Back