Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,161
Today the pings seem to have stabilized a bit over here, and http download speeds seem to be normal.I hope it stays this way, yesterday I had so much packet loss (7-10%) I couldn't game at all.

Ppl please input what CC had to say about the problem and its approximate resolution time. CC gave me the cable story and said it would take a few days ... no date given.

I am getting very slow speed and downloading seems to be taking a hell lot of time.Any idea,how long will it take?

dialed 4444555 and the ivrs said "dear customer you may be experiencing slow browsing speeds due to under sea cable fault outside India.this issue is being faced all over the counrty.we would like to assure that our engineers are working on it and will be rectified very soon"yeah right what a double speak.tell me O airtel how can your engineers fix the problem if it is outside India.O i get it they can swim underwater!.i am getting 256k on my 384k line.IT looks like they HAVE reduced speeds for bandwidth adjustment or as sushubh said milk $$.airtel should charge is on the current speeds we are getting for time being.THis is a violation of quality of service.too bad this is India otherwise someone would have sued isps for this.If we are getting slow speeds we should be charged according to that.

at this point iam happy that internet is stable even though speeds are slow, at least iam getting half speeds stable. I see that the airtel is fighting problems good, but who is cutting our cables >>> i suspect pirates or any bad people yes underseaindia growing so much that, we might be able to question the very American /UK internet DC's that we will be able to provide reverse hosting services to them , India rules. no one was able to replace US cheap data centers, i guess now we can,

Browsing speed is fine.. link-removed downloads take a lot time.. transfer rate is like 7ks...:wall:

dialed 4444555 and the ivrs said
"dear customer you may be experiencing slow browsing speeds due to under sea cable fault outside India.this issue is being faced all over the counrty.we would like to assure that our engineers are working on it and will be rectified very soon"

yeah right what a double speak.
tell me O airtel how can your engineers fix the problem if it is outside India.O i get it they can swim underwater!.
Would you be more happy if they said "it's out of our control, when it get's fixed, it will get fixed" ? And their engineers are working I believe on routing traffic elsewhere etc.

i am getting 256k on my 384k line.IT looks like they HAVE reduced speeds for bandwidth adjustment or as sushubh said milk $$.
Consider yourself lucky. I am getting 128kbps speed on my 512kbps line.

airtel should charge is on the current speeds we are getting for time being.THis is a violation of quality of service.
too bad this is India otherwise someone would have sued isps for this.If we are getting slow speeds we should be charged according to that.
While some kind of generous gesture would be nice, they are under no obligation to do so. It's a problem which would be out of their control entirely, and would NOT be a violation of quality of service. This is a one-off event NOT a general situation. If you don't believe me, go to consumer court and see your case being thrown out the first day.

And please don't overestimate other countries. Unfortunately in India we have a seriously warped view of litigation in other countries, merely because of a couple of sensational cases (hot coffee dropped on woman etc.). People don't run around like headless chickens suing companies. If you think things are so great there, go live in the States or Europe and I am sure you will think otherwise. In many (if not all) western European countries it takes around a month to get an internet connection. Compare that to Airtel here that does it within 3 - 7 days.

I know we are all pissed about the internet speeds for the last couple of days, but make sure your anger is pointed in the right direction and is vented with the right perspective.

Back