Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
My speeds are back to normal :D

hmm k msn is workin now :o.... will check my pings in a bit too lazy to boot up my desktop

This entire problem actually affects every country east of Italy that relies on SMW4 - Pakistan, Bangladesh, most of the Middle East, all of Africa (at least, every country connected by SEACOM - yes, it's a different cable, but they hook up with SMW4 somewhere 'round spain and traffic goes up to London via SMW4)... so you might be relieved to know it's not just India.

lol meh i spoke too soon though msn is now accessible, internet surfing for me has been become more slow. I was downloading a new version of opera (opera.com) and i got speeds of 200bps-2kbps xDAs for pings they still high as before. No change at all leaving that msn is working for now.

I don't care about high speed... i just want low latency from India to Europe where my game server are located .When i ping test to Newyork it comes 300 and when i do it on London its 900 :oIs this effecting all ISP in India or just bharti network ?

I don't know about the others but airtel said they would be repairing some cables so internet might be disrupted... meh we should get our bills discounted to 256kbps (or less) this month thats the actual speed we getting everywhere.All european servers have high pings to me lol i get booted out whenever i try joining a game.. but i don't mind i can't play even if they don't boot -_-

Back