Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,159
wow even Malaysian and Singapore servers are giving me 200-400ms pings now .. awesome -_-

Huh ? it's not because of them doubling their bandwidths. Airtel is having some maintenance work on their undersea cables or whatever so till 27th, according to them the internet may have SOME difficulties..... ffs this is not some.... this is A LOT.

(BSNL broadband)msn/hotmail won't even openpings to EU are in the ~450 rangepings to the US for me are in the 298-340 range but packet loss is about 10-20%

yeah can't login to msn messenger at all again... why is msn affected so bad :/ this is really getting ridiculous now ... they can't just say it's small repair work anymore.. i just hope they don't say that the repair work could not be completed on 27th and we have to wait more.

the cable that went down - semewe4 - took away 1.5Tbps ( 1536 Gbps ) internet capacity with it , so bandwidth is in high demand now, all big corporates are the priority of all telcos, after that if there is any bandwidth left over, then thats for the residential users. so keep fingers crossed and pray for early recovery of the cable

Huh ? it's not because of them doubling their bandwidths. Airtel is having some maintenance work on their undersea cables or whatever so till 27th, according to them the internet may have SOME difficulties..... ffs this is not some.... this is A LOT.

There are many threads about this.

There has been a shunt fault in the primary cable (Sea-Me-We 4) which links Europe and India, and it has been like that for about the past 2 weeks or so. Airtel doesn't own the cable - they are part of a consortium (which also includes TATA) which owns it.

EIG cable is supposed to go live in May, so hopefully this will ease the pain.

Hey guys i am from Mumbai ... I play world of warcraft on europe server and my latency has jumped from 300ms to 1200ms and sometimes even more bad ... First i thought its blizzard problem but after reading this topic airtel has Fault !! WOW ...What is main problem after this high ping issue guys ? And when will it be fixed ?I have serious problem in doing raids with my guild and pvp is also laggy.

Hey guys i am from Mumbai ...

I play world of warcraft on europe server and my latency has jumped from 300ms to 1200ms and sometimes even more bad ...

First i thought its blizzard problem but after reading this topic airtel has Fault !! WOW ...

What is main problem after this high ping issue guys ?

And when will it be fixed ?

I have serious problem in doing raids with my guild and pvp is also laggy.

Read the previous 9 pages of the thread :)

Back