Packet Loss and Slow Speed Problems on Airtel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter anshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 933
  • Views Views 193,160
Annoying... this is annoying!! Most of the sites i go to are slow ... game servers have high ping and today even msn messenger is lagging/can't connect.... i mean like wtf -_-
Yeah, I don't mind some sites being unaccessable but this has just gotten worse as time has gone on. Now I can't even stream any videos, because they keep buffering. They're going to get a very angry call from me if this continues tomorrow.

Hmm i would suggest to stop using airtel dns servers for now and the dumb 4.2.2.2 dns server that their CC representatives put on your router for now at least. As they are real slow for now..... try changing to google dns or opendns it loads site a little better with these for me anyways.

Annoying... this is annoying!! Most of the sites i go to are slow ... game servers have high ping and today even msn messenger is lagging/can't connect.... i mean like wtf -_-

right on spot, bro . today even google search and espnstar.com sites were not opening for me. just now they started working for me .most other sites r loading slow u have to keep refreshing the page. hope they fix this by the 27th.

i am getting PING TIMEOUTS and download speed is 3kbps on my 256kbpsgoogle, gmail, yahoo nothing is opening:(

i am getting PING TIMEOUTS and download speed is 3kbps on my 256kbps

google, gmail, yahoo nothing is opening:(

lol now that sucks.. seeing that i can say mine is not so bad least xD... try changing your dns to opendns servers.

there is sometime a lag but most of time i am getting normal speed and surfing . Also i can open all site strange

lag is definitely there. even on this forum. takes a second or two before the page starts loading. anyone noticed the same?

lag is definitely there. even on this forum. takes a second or two before the page starts loading. anyone noticed the same?

Fortunately, dependence on SMW4 as a primary provider of Europe-India traffic is at an end. Another new cable goes live next month, so if one breaks, you shouldn't notice so much.

If, however the traffic between you and SG/HK/Japan/US is slow... that's a horse of a different colour: there are already tons of cables going in that direction.

hmm it got better now i guess........ msn opens up for me now xDbut the lag is still there annoying -_- it's real bad to eu servers... i even got lag in korean servers now xD... i'll try japanese servers now and see if it lags there too ;o

airtel is routing europe traffic via singapore ,tokyo, USA using tata comm (teleglobe) cables, so high pings are expected.

Back