Pakistan has faster cheaper internet compared to India!

• Thread starter Thread starter Loner Tech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 22,655

Loner Tech

ISP
Tata Indicom Broadband (VSNL), BSNL DataONE
I was getting bored, so I decided to visit speedtest.net just to see internet speeds all around the world and was kinda surprised to see that Pakistan has better speeds as compared to India :P.

Indian Speeds:
Code:
https://www.speedtest.net/global.php?continent=4&country=11
Pakistan Speeds:
Code:
https://www.speedtest.net/global.php?continent=4&country=21

Each ISP has its own speed test web site. That is the speed possible from your system to their network. After that the WWW takes over.Tracert for both speed test sites.

But the funny thing is atleast on speedtest Pakistan is faster :P

as a matter of fact you are right. i got a friend of mine on msn who lives in pakistan. he says 1000 rupees for 512 unlimited connection and 2000 rupess for 1 mb unlimited connection exists there.are we users being cheated? a country which is poorer than ours is having good speeds and plans than us. WTF.more over they got more service providers than us. providers from neighbouring saudi, kuwait, etc have jumped in. they got around 10 to 12 service providers, while we have just a mere 4 or 5.

Indian rupees or Pakistani rupees? Because 1 INR = 1.5 PKR.Also, you just answered your own question. They have more ISPs.

If they are paying 1000 Pakistan rupees for a 512 kbps UL, thats equal to around 700 INRTATA gives a 128 kbps unlimited for 850 INRhahaha

Cyber Extreme Pakistan - Packages

DSL Net Pakistan - home Packages

PTCL - broadband pakistan tariff

PTCL of pakistan is far ahead of private operators of Pakistan Broadband ISPs.

But In India we have a variety of plans, like unlimited, data, combo...

I'm presently using H500C plan, I'm very satisfied, 175 free calls:thumbsup:, 1.5 Gb dayusage:ashamed: , becoz i can schedule rightluy, i can download atleast 60GB a month(even in bad speeds:wall:), that is a lot for me at only Rs 500 per month.

So Even if BSNL provides, 1Mbps UL for 1800/1500 per month, i'm not ready to go for it.

BSNL best hai mere liye.

When there is an availability of lower speeds at lower costs(as in india), then only can subscribers go for those plans. Not all can afford unlimited plans at kilos of rupees.

Pakistanis seems to have no option other than unlimited plans. So only those who can afford, are going for 1Mbps UL, so high speeds recorded at pakistan nodes.and those who cannot afford dont have internet .

In india we have very diverse users- those who "use internet once in week" to "living on internet". Because we have low speed plans at low rates, those who use internet once a week can also afford an internet connection at home in india.

This is my idea: not to hurt anyone.
To me, India seems to be in a better position in 'Home Broadband' scenario.

And There is a lot mor scope for improvement.

i know this one even before u posted here.......world's best hackers are found in Israel, Pakistan and Russia i can bet the above statement :whistle:

Back