Pathetic BSNL FTTH connection - non stop disconnections

ISP
Airtel
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with BSNL Broadband FTTH in South Bangalore. I switched two years ago from Airtel V-Fiber to BSNL FTTH after being with Airtel for 14 years. The reason I switched was due to the fact that Airtel still hasn't come up with FTTH in my area. Undoubtedly Airtel customer service is far superior to BSNL's. From my experience, I can say that BSNL customer service is non existent.

My connection keeps dropping every 2 minutes. The data light is blinking for 95% of the time. I have raised a complaint many times and BSNL has closed the complaint as resolved without any resolution. Each time I call the customer care number, they open another complaint request. I asked for the email address/telephone number of a superior that I could talk to and they gave me the email : [email protected] and as expected the email I sent to this address bounced. I have also tagged BSNL on twitter.

Apart from a connection that is down most of the time, for the period in which it works the maximum speed that I see is 8-12 mbps.

I'm using the Fibre Value plan.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Create a complaint on PG Portal

Your BSNL line may be faulty i.e. static and noise which will automatically cause the modem to drop connection. Given BSNL's condition as of today there's not too much that can be done about the line. It could be a fault with your underground cable or the one that runs from the DP box to your home. I would suggest going back to Airtel. Even if they don't offer fibre as of now their service is vastly superior.

I curse my BSNL connection but keep it only because several relatives have the number. Once upon a time I too was on BSNL BB but gave it up as soon as pvt. sector alternatives were available.

Your BSNL line may be faulty i.e. static and noise which will automatically cause the modem to drop connection. Given BSNL's condition as of today there's not too much that can be done about the line. It could be a fault with your underground cable or the one that runs from the DP box to your home. I would suggest going back to Airtel. Even if they don't offer fibre as of now their service is vastly superior.

I curse my BSNL connection but keep it only because several relatives have the number. Once upon a time I too was on BSNL BB but gave it up as soon as pvt. sector alternatives were available.
They should be able to check the line parameters right? To see signal strength and quality. I'm currently using my phone 4g connection as a wifi hotspot and that is working much without any problems compared to the fixed line! Sad state of affairs :(.

One street away (100 mts) Airtel is offering Fiber for an apartment complex. I haven't switched to Airtel only because of the V-Fiber and they are lagging so much on rolling out Fiber. I have been asking for a Fiber connection for over 4 years and the reply has always been it will be available in a couple of months.

Well stable internet is anyday better than a non stable superfast internet. BSNL will never change their behaviour and service no matter what you do. They are known for this. I had installed BSNL FTTH and the very next day

I had to get it removed and got Airtel Installed.

Contact Mr Prakash PGM Bengaluru Telecom District on 080-22865588, [email protected]. Talk in a nice way, they usually address the issue.

If that guy doesn't help, get in touch with Mr GR Ravi, PGM(NBC) & (NWP-CFA) - Karnataka Circle, BSNL on 080-25362244, [email protected]. He is responsible for the Consumer Fixed Access business (FTTH) for the entire Karnataka region. Again talk in a really nice way.

If neither of them helps, get in touch with Mr Devesh Kumar, Chief General Manager - Karnataka Circle, BSNL on 080-25362323, [email protected].

Try contacting them on their office numbers and email. They usually answer personally. If no response, ping me. I will give the personal contact numbers of PGM/CGM.

They should be able to check the line parameters right? To see signal strength and quality. I'm currently using my phone 4g connection as a wifi hotspot and that is working much without any problems compared to the fixed line! Sad state of affairs :(. One street away (100 mts) Airtel is offering Fiber for an apartment complex. I haven't switched to Airtel only because of the V-Fiber and they are lagging so much on rolling out Fiber. I have been asking for a Fiber connection for over 4 years and the reply has always been it will be available in a couple of months.

BSNL can do a lot of things to ensure customers are satisfied but the sad fact is they don't. I had to replace my twisted pair cable from the DP point on the ground floor to my home at my expense. It is no point trying to get these morons to help. My neighbour, a sr. citizen and a widow in her mid 70s had issues with her landline the BSNL. She complained and the linesman came over but demanded Rs 300 to fix it!! These people are pathetic!

If you take an Airtel vfibre/copper, even if as a backup, it may be a little slow in comparison but at least you won't be pulling your hair out in frustration every time the GPON drops a link due to a faulty cable. Also, if the connection is via a LCO you could approach them too.

Airtel is moving away from copper and replacing it with fibre and it's only a matter of time before they wire up your building. I had to wait for years for xstream fibre to be introduced in my residential area. Airtel is slow, v slow in rolling out infra. But now we have a choice of 3 tier 1 providers in Eastern Pune (Airtel, Tata Sky, and You BB/Vodafone) along with a clutch of tier 2 and 3 operators.

They should be able to check the line parameters right? To see signal strength and quality. I'm currently using my phone 4g connection as a wifi hotspot and that is working much without any problems compared to the fixed line! Sad state of affairs :(.

One street away (100 mts) Airtel is offering Fiber for an apartment complex. I haven't switched to Airtel only because of the V-Fiber and they are lagging so much on rolling out Fiber. I have been asking for a Fiber connection for over 4 years and the reply has always been it will be available in a couple of months.

Hi all,

Just wanted to update you on the status. The complaint that was opened yesterday after the previous one was closed as resolved ('without actually resolved) has gone through the same thing!! Complaint closed again this morning without a resolution. I wonder how these guys do that. It is mind blowing.

Back