Pathetic BSNL FTTH connection - non stop disconnections

Oh what I meant was , the Copper cable which they provide needs Power right ?
If ACT gives Internet via Fiber cable, it actually does not need Power supply unless it's a main distribution point

The old connections given are Ethernet and new ones are Fiber I guess

From what I understood, ACT does not have a power supply backup at the main distribution point.

After a lot of calls and repeatedly talking to the LCO, there have been positive developments. Yesterday, the ONT modem was changed and today they changed the line through which the data is sent. I.e. the optic fiber cable has four lines out of which only one is used. They changed this to another line which was not used. Due to this change at the house, the same has to be done at the splitter end as well. Fingers, crossed I'm monitoring the connection at the moment.

Thank you everyone for your inputs!! Much appreciated :)

Last edited:
@gkarthik, I did try to look for options to change the modem. I read some information on this forum where someone could not get it to work after buying the modem from @varkey. I didn't dig further.

My line is an LCO managed connection. They are using the Alphion AONT-100C and Alphion AONT-1143. The LCO mentioned about the SL number of the modem being locked. I'm not sure what OLT they are using and which ONT modems are supported. If I know for sure that a certain model/brand of modem works, then I can change it. At the moment I do not have much information.

Do any of you have experience with improved (speed/stability) after changing the modem?

That depends on the OLT the LCO has . If the LCO gives Alphion as the ONT , he is most likely having a Alphion OLT also which restricts other vendors as I have heard. They told it supports Syrotech and Netlink , you can ask your LCO maybe

@gkarthik, I did try to look for options to change the modem. I read some information on this forum where someone could not get it to work after buying the modem from @varkey. I didn't dig further.

My line is an LCO managed connection. They are using the Alphion AONT-100C and Alphion AONT-1143. The LCO mentioned about the SL number of the modem being locked. I'm not sure what OLT they are using and which ONT modems are supported. If I know for sure that a certain model/brand of modem works, then I can change it. At the moment I do not have much information.

Do any of you have experience with improved (speed/stability) after changing the modem?

So my LCO upgraded to Alphion recently i had replace from ZTE to a Huawei (Varkey sold both of these)
Well thermal wise it is awesome works much better than those soap boxes previously could toast slices of bread on those.

Speed is good i get what's advertised. When speeds in IPV6 were uncapped i could get close to 700Mbps.

Back