Pathetic BSNL FTTH connection - non stop disconnections

Contact Mr Prakash PGM Bengaluru Telecom District on 080-22865588, [email protected]. Talk in a nice way, they usually address the issue.

If that guy doesn't help, get in touch with Mr GR Ravi, PGM(NBC) & (NWP-CFA) - Karnataka Circle, BSNL on 080-25362244, [email protected]. He is responsible for the Consumer Fixed Access business (FTTH) for the entire Karnataka region. Again talk in a really nice way.

If neither of them helps, get in touch with Mr Devesh Kumar, Chief General Manager - Karnataka Circle, BSNL on 080-25362323, [email protected].

Try contacting them on their office numbers and email. They usually answer personally. If no response, ping me. I will give the personal contact numbers of PGM/CGM.
Hi Sai, thank you for the information. I sent an email yesterday to [email protected] - this email bounced saying email id is not valid. I just called Mr Prakash, he wasn't available. His assistant picked up the call and took down my landline number and has asked me to call again at 12:30 pm.

Well stable internet is anyday better than a non stable superfast internet. BSNL will never change their behaviour and service no matter what you do. They are known for this. I had installed BSNL FTTH and the very next day
I agree stable internet is much better than non stable superfast internet. My connection is not stable and neither super fast :)

BSNL can do a lot of things to ensure customers are satisfied but the sad fact is they don't. I had to replace my twisted pair cable from the DP point on the ground floor to my home at my expense. It is no point trying to get these morons to help. My neighbour, a sr. citizen and a widow in her mid 70s had issues with her landline the BSNL. She complained and the linesman came over but demanded Rs 300 to fix it!! These people are pathetic!

If you take an Airtel vfibre/copper, even if as a backup, it may be a little slow in comparison but at least you won't be pulling your hair out in frustration every time the GPON drops a link due to a faulty cable. Also, if the connection is via a LCO you could approach them too.

Airtel is moving away from copper and replacing it with fibre and it's only a matter of time before they wire up your building. I had to wait for years for xstream fibre to be introduced in my residential area. Airtel is slow, v slow in rolling out infra. But now we have a choice of 3 tier 1 providers in Eastern Pune (Airtel, Tata Sky, and You BB/Vodafone) along with a clutch of tier 2 and 3 operators.
The LCO is a nice guy and responsive, but unfortunately he hasn't fixed the issue for a year now. I don't live in Bangalore and my parents are not that tech savvy, so they cannot really explain the technical matters to the LCO much. The LCO says it is a router issue and I disagree (the data light on the modem dropping has nothing to do with the router)

There is ACT Broadband service in my area, but I don't want to avail their services. They are probably worse than BSNL when it comes to customer service. They are very prompt when you request a new connection, never to be seen for any issues once the payment is done. Moreover, ACT does not have a backup power supply in this area, so any power outage will result in internet dropping out.

There are other operators also for a Backup connection
JioFiber
I-ON Broadband
Excitel
Spectra
You Broadband
D-Broadband
Tata Sky Fiber
And there are local operators also for Hathway
Most of these are Fiber

These are some of the popular ones. You will get more local providers also.

JIO not available here yet. Rolled out recently in another area which is 0.5 kms from my area. Infra is very slow here, despite being in the heart of Bangalore. All the new areas which were not part of Bangalore before enjoy fiber services.

Are most of you guys using a backup connection? My current backup is the wifi hotspot from my 4G phone.

Welcome to the club..!

I have experienced the same, numerous complaints get closed as resolved by LCO without any action taken..

Back