• Thread starter Thread starter estel
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1,909

estel

ISP
BSNL
Hello people,
I got a broadband connnection 2 weeks back it is a 500 plan. Initially the speed was very good (around 200 KB/s when downloading from torrents). But now the speeds have dropped drastically, i checked my upload and download speeds on this website Broadband Speed Test , the results were

Last Result:
Download Speed: 174 kbps (21.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 28 kbps (3.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Since the 500 plan promises a minimum of 256 Kbps, this is way below the promised limits. Does something like this happen frequently amongst other BB users, if not who should i report this issue to.

may be a problem with your telephone line or your computer. clean any virus/spyware traces from the computer.they consume internet connection badly :wall:

BSNL are working on upgrading the maximum speed to 8mbps from 2008 - that's why the speeds are slow. You might have to bear with it (just like us) for a few more days. I'm sure Bangalore and Kolkata are the worst affected.

estel just one bad speed check at one site does not mean your speed is low.. check over multiple days, multiple downloads, torrents etc... to get an overall view of your speed...

Back