Pathetic Speeds in the office - Airtel Broadband, corporate plans

• Thread starter Thread starter somanshu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,964

somanshu

ISP
BSNL broadband, Airtel broadband, Reliance broadband
We have Airtel broadband in the office - 2MBPS connection - 5 users and we end up getting pathetic speeds during the day. The download occurs at 6 KBPS, just slightly better than my hutch GPRS connection. Also, most of the times, the connection is unstable. We have reported this to the Airtel authorities several times, but no use. Can anyone suggest a better and a stable option for office internet or how to deal with these insensitive and useless airtel people?

How much are you guys paying for a 2Mbps line and what is your budget?I have a friend who works in Trax online (Net4India Pvt Ltd) and you could talk to him about their plans (PM me if you want his e-mail ID) .. their speeds are usually very good with good customer support and they only deal in corporate or business connections ... Not really sure of their availability in G'gaon though ...Well about airtel their CC is really bad you need to get directly in touch with the engineers to solve your problems ...

I'd vote for Reliance or Sify for Corporate Broadband. I've worked in companies which had Sify Corporate BB, Reliance BB and Airtel BB. Out of these Sify and Reliance did farewell except for Airtel which had some issues related to our office server or sth that the Engineer said. We used the Internet for transfer of Voice + Data + Video. I think it was on a Tier 1 or OC 48. Dunno exactly... Have to ask the Networking dept. abt that. Try Sify, it was a good experience with Sify (Though 2 - 3 yrs back!!!). :)

Why don't you escalate your complaint to the Airtel Nodal officer if the CC and their tech guys aren't doing anything about it.@amuthan: there is a HUGE difference between a T1(1.5Mbps) and a OC48(2.48Gbps) line, the latter is used by ISPs to provide internet. :P

Yeah.. Karan my Network Engg. used to say that we had a 1 Gbps connection for BPO operations. And the net was pretty fast too. like it just took me less than a second for Yahoo! page to open!! :P I know its not a great way to measure speed but then it was simply great.

Well it doesn't take too long for Yahoo to load even on 2Mbit connections either, most of the load time is on the local PC with the browser loading the scripts etc in the way they are supposed to, the actual data takes no time at all to get to your PC. Plus most companies use Cache servers to reduce bandwidth wastage in loading the same thing over and over again, that is all local traffic, has to be fast. :)

I never knew that... :huh: Well that must have been the reason why pages load so fast... But my Network Engg. told we had a 1Gbps line to transfer voice+data+video. How can 1Gbps be transmitted in T1? I'm not sure. Anyhow I came out of that office a year ago... so now in my office I have BSNL 2Mbps ADSL. In that I get around 180KB/s speed but the crap is limited.!!! :mad:

Back