Paytm News, Updates & Promos

I helped a shop owner near my house set up Bhim. He was totally confused because mobile verification failed when he tried, but when I tried it went through the first time. He does not have a debit card so could not set up upi pin. Installing the mobile banking app was easy...they sent a userid and pin but that app also required to be verified by the debit card details to go any further.

cool. upi should also offer a return button.

wallets will have to provide the option of "auto transfer to bank" to match the convenience of upi....especially for merchants

So I faced an embarrassing situation yesterday. Had to take xerox worth 54rs. Paid with Paytm (since no change for 500 note apparently). It immediately showed green color with tick mark but no name and money was cut from my wallet. Seller didn't get any message so the lady asked me to check once again. I showed her my phone which showed the green color tick mark but without her name. she kept on saying " what shall we do? I didn't any message" I was in a hurry so I just gave her my number and asked her to call me back next day in case she didn't get her money.

Then I got an sms the next day showing the amount debited to her name.

when trasactions fail with cards, the shopkeepers are usually chill since the amount is either with bank or will go back to customer account and can be traced easily. However there is ambiguity when a third private party is involved. I'm going to give upi a shot once my enrolling issues with it are solved.

Paytm texts are coming in with delays of 3-4 hours for me. I get them past 10pm as a result and that gets quite annoying as I have to verify each payment manually. The other retailers around here generally believe the confirmation screen. Some makes me wait till their own wallet shows the amount.

Even I am having problems with Paytm. About Rs 1000 refund is stuck for a week now after the seller cancelled the orde.

Last night I was trying out adding funds by UPI to Paytm and Pockets. It goes though fine with Paytm but fails in Pockets. When I checked my bank statement I find debit and credit having same reference number. I guess that means the transaction is happening but Pockets rejects it so it returns back to bank.

Btw if you want to see what a good app looks and feels like check out PayPal....really well made.

Back