Pc not booting up

dextermorgan

I got banned!
ISP
Beam Fiber
Had to shift pc to another room. So opened the CPU and slightly dusted off the dust.plugged it back in but pc was slow ..suddenly getting BSODs after using it for 5 mins. Then get notifications that windows recovered from unknown error. Then I opened CPU again and made sure all plugs are properly fitted. Now it won't even boot up, pc starts ..fan spins at full speed but it won't boot up. Need help. Did I mess up anything when I opened it?

Is it BEEPING ?
if yes, tell the beep counts before a gap.
Also try
Remove power cord and switch off monitor too.
Take our RAM, keep the RAM on Flat Table, use a Pencil Eraser and RUB the contact PIN gently.
It will change color from dull golden to bright golden and then puff the Eraser Dust away and re-insert and Plug in again.

The red light lights up but then the fan speeds up with full force and stays that way.

But in normal boot up process, the fans speeds up for a sec and then slows down. There was no beeping even before.

My pc is factory fitted lenovo core 2 duo. If that helps. Tried RAM process you described but nope.

Looks likes a loose connection
remove all cables
Insert Only Power Cable into motherboard connector (ITX, IIRC)
If its C2Duo I think another 4 PIN would be plugged in near the CPU,
there were 2 types of Power Connectors in that gen. pc, one which had that Extra connector plugged just next to main Power Connector on Motherboard and one
where a 4 pin was plugged into separate 4 PIN mounted on MB PCB near the Main Processor. This also varies from OEM and non-OEM motherboards.
Once you power only the mother board it should be able to show some display on screen, Make sure atleast Monitor cable and keyboard are connected while you
re-wire everything again.
Do Not connect Drives at this time, Let the PC able to Initialize the BIOS then you can proceed.
if possible post a couple of PIC. of motherboard and a closeup of CPU Area and power connector.
and lastly are sure main CPU Heat-sink is in its place properly and has not come off its location, touch gently and see if its dangling or come off its slot
any extra gap in CPU Heat-sink will trigger a Thermal cut off.

So since the PC was not booting up, I removed the hard disk attached to it. Even after doing this , the PC behaves the same way (fan at full speed) no output to monitor

it happened to me at once...u can try this, unplugging the ram...and clean it on the side of the chip and put t back might help u...

Tried clearing CMOS? If not, try this:
  • Remove plug from the mains.
  • Remove CMOS battery and insert it after say 5 mins
Try switching on the system.

I would suggest what I would do in your case. Not mess around with the system anymore and wait for tomorrow so that a computer hardware guy can find out the issue area :D

Back