• Thread starter Thread starter sa_kiran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,190

sa_kiran

Regular
ISP
MTNL
I shifted to Thane from Pune and took MTNL connection. There was a lineman who came to my place, I filled up the forms. I don't know which exchange I belong to :-( My number starts with 2533. The bill does not mention the exchange.There have been problems from day 1. There was too much of disturbance on phone line. It was finally corrected, but for a few days only :-( Now the phone does not ring for incoming calls! This problem is pending for over a month and MTNL has done nothing, inspite of 3 pending complaints.The problems with broadband still persist. The ADSL drops every afternoon between 12 and 4. I have complained to the exchange numerous times, no luck. I have DSL-Unltd-1599 plan, with an atrocious speed.Whenever I call up on 2537 2300, nobody picks up the phone. The lady at 2542 1300 says she is helpless and can only register complaints.I Pune, I had a BSNL connection with Combo 600 plan (2.5 GB per month and 250 free calls), which was 100 times better than this MTNL. Also, BSNL offered 3 minutes per pulse. MTNL offers 1.3 Mbps (claimed!, the actual download speeds have never been more than 0.4 MBps) and 150 free calls for an additional rent of 290/-. I had used Tata and Reliance earlier in Pune and won't bother looking at them again.

Call 1504 from your landline

My phone related problems have been resolved, though in an MTNL way (not to my satisfaction). Internet download speed also improved, reaching 1 Mbps, but that for a couple of days only. After that the download speed is a shameless 0.1 to 0.3 Mbps. MTNL charges Rs. 1,600 for this, disgusting!Speedtest.net shows that upload speeds are more than download speeds. I have tested 6-7 times and the results are the same.

After a lot of fight with MTNL, calling up the GM's office for many days, my speeds seem to have got better, at least for now.

I passed my judgement too early. MTNL is one sick and shameless organization. Nobody is accountable in this organization, disgusting, phones always ring, nobody picks up.......

The connection and speeds were OK for just 5 days, then back to MTNL ways......

Indeed me too facing same problem. BB keeps disconnecting every 1-2 min and lots of noise in telephone also. Linema says that ur wires are broken somewhere and we are not responsible. I ask how is it that within those 1-2 of successful connection I get proper speeds? F*ck u MTNL, I will not leave u like this.My snr is 7 and goes upto -3line attentuation: 35+

My problems multiplied over time. At one point of time, the phone was not ringing for incoming calls, this continued for a month! Then internet remained down for over 5 days continuously.I talked to all the people, starting from the lineman to GM's secretary, went to the exchange and gave a written complaint to the GM. I got DGM's number and spoke to him 3-4 times. Finally, the person in-charge of the exchange visited my place. He came with this people, he saw, he left. Fortunately for me, the internet and phone have been working fine since then, except for occasional problems that last for not more than 15 minutes. I hope that this happy ending continues........

Well, the happy ending lasted for just about a week. MTNL has nothing but excuses to offer, cable cut by road repair work, place far from exchange, etc. But the problem exists for over 6 months. When I asked the DGM about this, he came up with more excuses!In earlier days, MTNL was referred to as "Mera Telephone Nahin Lagta". They have not changed, either with phone or broadband. I wonder if there are any really reliable service providers in India.

sa_kiran...strange to hear about your experiences...i have hardly faced issue on my connection except when the payment was made late...i have the 150 incoming only on landline and 599 unlimited download speed of 512...bill comes up to 850/- including the taxes...download speed initially on my plan reached 220-250 kbps but of late goes in the 90 kbps range and have downloaded 700 mb movies in about 2 hours...am now planning to switch over to the new introduced 2 mbps plans and see how they work out for me...

sa_kiran...strange to hear about your experiences...i have hardly faced issue on my connection except when the payment was made late...i have the 150 incoming only on landline and 599 unlimited download speed of 512...bill comes up to 850/- including the taxes...download speed initially on my plan reached 220-250 kbps but of late goes in the 90 kbps range and have downloaded 700 mb movies in about 2 hours...am now planning to switch over to the new introduced 2 mbps plans and see how they work out for me...

Strange but true :-(

Back