plan home 500..but torrent avg speed 50-60kBps..y??????

• Thread starter Thread starter sritce
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 9,397
hi...i downloaded one serial from dctorrent .. the avg downloaded sped is just 40KBps... i think i have adjust some setting in u torent.. what should be the
global upload rate for my connection... currently i set 186kBps...can i switch to azures or some other stuffs?????????????

get back to your default settings in Utorrent...

(close u torrent before doing this)

go to

start > run > %appdata%\utorrent >

Remove settings.dat

may be this should help you.. just google for more...

I also have H500 plan. I keep my global DL & UL rate 0 (unlimited).
and limit individual torrent's UL/DL speeds..
I get on an average 150-200 kBps for regular torrents in utorrent (3 to 5 torrents at a time) and on private trackers, I get speeds in the range of 200-270 kBps...
thanks rvk2388....
whats this mean "limit individual torrent's UL/DL speeds"...please suggest me in detail to get good speed dude.. say what are the settings to be changed in utorrent..waitning for ur reply

thanks rvk2388....
whats this mean "limit individual torrent's UL/DL speeds"...please suggest me in detail to get good speed dude.. say what are the settings to be changed in utorrent..waitning for ur reply

If u set some value for DL / UL in global maximum UL/DL,, that is the maximum UL/DL speed that you can get..obviously..so we shud keep that 0 (unlimited). also because if you cap the UL rate say 50 KBps, then you may not get good DL speeds.

But if you dont want to UL much, you can restrict the UL speed of that particular torrent to some value - say 10 KBps by right clickig on it >> Properties >> General >> Bandwidth settings >> set the values here

other than that, some of my setting I have posted in previous post..

Apart from all the above suggestion u must realise that ur download/ upload speed on torrent depends on the no. of ppl in ur swarm aka no. of peers and seeders, public trackers usually have higher no. of leechers than seeders, ur download speeds depends on seeders, since there are no ratio rulez on public trackers most ppl hit and run as soon as soon as a torrent is finished downloading so therz always a stress on consistant peers hence speeds fluctuate, its common for all not just specific in ur case. On the other hand on pvt tackers like TL, SCC or FTN u can easily manage to use ur max available download speed. Same for RS and Pvt FTP's

Apart from all the above suggestion u must realise that ur download/ upload speed on torrent depends on the no. of ppl in ur swarm aka no. of peers and seeders, public trackers usually have higher no. of leechers than seeders, ur download speeds depends on seeders, since there are no ratio rulez on public trackers most ppl hit and run as soon as soon as a torrent is finished downloading so therz always a stress on consistant peers hence speeds fluctuate, its common for all not just specific in ur case. On the other hand on pvt tackers like TL, SCC or FTN u can easily manage to use ur max available download speed. Same for RS and Pvt FTP's
u exactly rite...prvt tracker is faster ....could u list some free pvt site...free to sign up..

u exactly rite...prvt tracker is faster ....could u list some free pvt site...free to sign up..

Sorry for the late reply Herz a couple of signup pages--
Code:
[URL=\"http://bitnation.com/signup.php\"]:: BitNation :: :: Signup[/URL]
Code:
[url=http://www.torrentbits.ro/signup.php]TorrentBits V3.0 :: Signup[/url]

^ Each peer connection has an overhead so low number of peers with high bandwidth is better than a high number of peers with low bandwidth. So cutting down the number of peers is a good thing if you are on private trackers where the seeders have very high upload.

/members/sritcDo you upload any files when you download from torrent sites ? Seems D/L speed is also dependent on this.

Back