Planning to parchase Tata Sky HD box

• Thread starter Thread starter rooo12
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 3,572

rooo12

ISP
BSNL
As Tata Sky has the largest number of HD channels at present i have decided to buy myself a HD setup boxi am in BangaloreIs HD setup box available in Shops or is only available online?My owner having issues with mounting of antenna in my rented house. but my neighbor in same building already has Tatasky antenna(SD). could it be possible to share the antenna so that i dont need to drill holes much to the annoyance of my owner?

I think first you have to purchase a flat/plot....lolIt is available in all major showrooms. The cost is same everywhere.

May be, in such cases u can call it a multi-room connection. Just that the company should accept it & u should alongwith ur neighbour, be able to adhere to the company's T&C.Also, if u want TS+HD, then u need to replace the SD Dish of ur neighbour, and both have to watch HD......

They call it an MDU (multi dwelling unit). You need society permission per their FAQs. You may have to figure out how it works in your case.They will install a switch at a convenient point where from if you have a simple connection one wire will run to the box and in a plus connection two wires will be drawn. You dont need a specific separate dish for HD / Plus. I just moved from one rented accomodation to the other. My current house had a tsky standard connection with a single wire running in. He simply installed a splitter and ran two wires to the box. Of course this is not the recommended style of installation but it works just as fine and ho hassles in reception strength or quality per se. So obviously the LNB is a dumb device that picks up every random signal that comes its way according to the polarity.Now in my previous accomodation he installed the older gray dish to run two wires by using a duo lnb. Again proving that the black dish isn't a requirement for TS+ / TS+ HD. Just that it has the TS+ branding and is a bit larger(IMHO). I have used the black dish also and no real appreciable change in quality was noticed.

Thanks for clarifying that any kind of connection can be shared.

Called up CC to confirm the same. the company have no issues doing so long as the other person is ok with it

Hi Guys,I've been looking for the HD+ STB, and all the places i've called don't have stock. I've tried Pai Electronics, Croma, some random stores, etc, but no success.My brother even spoke to the distributor and neither does he have any stock. Does anyone know where in "Bangalore" I can get my hands on a HD+ STB??? Please reply at the earliest.

@Sai: Thanks for info, but just called them and they told me that they don't have stock. :(Can anyone else help...please...

Back