Playing Videos on DVD Player through USB??

• Thread starter Thread starter mare19
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,972

mare19

ISP
DSL
Hi all. I need some help regarding watching videos/movies on my Insignia DVD Player through a USB. I have some movies in .avi format currently and am unable to watch it on my DVD Player through the USB Port. When i select the USB option on my DVD Screen, it doesn't display the video...only some pics i have on the USB. I am able to play the movie on my laptop easily, but unable to on the DVD Player. So, i want to ask how am i supposed to make this .avi movie work on my Insignia DVD Player? Thx for the help in adv :D

convert it into mpeg may be work..

Already tried MPEG.....didn't appear on the DVD Screen either......any other ideas?

Already tried MPEG.....didn't appear on the DVD Screen either......any other ideas?

1) I think the codec require for playing that video file from usb is not loaded in your DVD.
2) You told that there is a image in your pen drive which work perfectly. i think that because of image your dvd assume pen drive as a image library. Delete all data of pen drive rather than video file.

Sorry No other idea than above.

Best of luck and don't forget to post result of your experiment. May be it will help others in feature.

i think older DVD drives with USB ports were only capable of displaying photo files... does the dvd player shows the format it supports? if not you have a model similar to mine... my dad recently bought a LCD TV from Samsung. it comes with a USB port too. but only for photos. no video support...

Oh i see, thx for the help guys. I tried with only the video file on my USB/Pen Drive....it doesnt do anything at all....tries reading the USB..then fails..and goes to DVD Screen. So i'm guessing my DVD Player doesnt support videos at all. What it does do though is give access to Photos and Music in the USB Screen. One more thing...when i tried a sample video called Wildlife and inserted it into the USB, then the DVD Player, it actually appeared on the USB Screen. Once i select it, it doesnt display the video, only the audio. I guess thats it. i'll just have to buy one of those cables to connect my Laptop to my TV :D Anyways, THANKS for the help guys

Back