Please help me to get my Rs 4000 refund.

YOU ARE NOT TO PAY FOR YOUR CONNECTION UNTIL AT LEAST THE CABLING IS DONE AT YOUR LOCATION AND THE DEVICE HAS BEEN SETUP
I am talking about this. I am also saying that the payment is always done online but in advance while booking not installation.
And the OP says he paid through a debit card so I assume that is also from the link that he received in the SMS.

I just got Jio installed 10 days ago at my place and they did the same. The booking guy came and did the feasibility check, and registration and then asked to pay via the SMS link to book the slot and confirm. After payment, within 2 hrs Jio installation guys came and did the rest part. I have also installed Airtel twice and the same procedure was followed. The payment was done while booking and registration. The installation was done later.

About paying in cash, sometimes the local operators try to bypass Airtel and earn money. so they ask for extra cash for wiring if the distance is more than 100m whereas Airtel has totally instructed them not to give connections beyond 100m. The cash payment is totally wrong. But few people who are in dire need choose this way.

Whats-App-Image-2022-09-03-at-1-21-53-PM.jpg

Last edited:
I guess the above might be true if one is an LCO model or is getting a Prepaid Connection. Because I do not share the same experience as you.

I have had the same experience as @imdarkray on Airtel prepaid as well as Jio prepaid & postpaid. Afaik, Jio doesn't operate on LCO model anywhere. For Excitel(LCO model), i paid online after installation was completed. For Railwire(LCO model), i paid cash after installation was completed.

@Lolita_Magnum you're right. For prepaid every broadband operator takes the money first. For postpaid it's a different story.

@havoc My Jio connection is postpaid. :rolleyes: and airtel Prepaid.

Last year when I installed Jio Fiber they came to my house, did KYC and took Payment from the link and another team installed it after 1 hour.

For me, the same person did KYC, payment, and INSTALLATION. My JioFiber installation from scratch to finish i.e., the demo only took about 1 hour.
Everything was done at the location and not on phone.

@BypassBypass2
I had a similar incident too, i am using airtel broadband from past 1 year , i paid 4000rs for airtel black for free DTH box for 699 plan from 499rs plan , but due to non availability of xtreme box connection was not installed and it was pending for complete month therefore i cancelled my request and asked for complete refund of 4000rs but it was transferred partially as 2283 in broadband and 1717 in DTH , so my refund is still pending, after i asked their executives today they told my amt has been transferred to broadband and the all amt will be adjusted in it which was 4000rs. so after my new bill generated today with plan 499+gst 18%. my remaining amt is still 3411rs which will not be refunded until i disconnect my connection.... and if i ever made another request for black or any other service with airtel i will have to pay again with same SMS process and that amt will be adjusted in new service accordingly as amt we r paying is only to b ajusted in bill n it is not for hardware...

Back