Poll: Would You Prefer Home-500 Or Home-ul-900 Or Something Else Now?

• Thread starter Thread starter qwerty
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 7,430
Presently Using UL900.... i'll wait and watch.... but wont shift to any other very soon.... i hate BSNL...

Home 900 UL users should get 2Mbps at least during the 2AM to 8AM hours. Its extremely unfair on BSNL's part to not give them anything in the year of broadband.

will wait and watch.....if ppl get 2Mbps between 2-8 .... then will switch to 1000 plancoz then we can download more with 6hrs of 2mbps than 24hrs of 256kbps

I will stick to 900 Unlimited.. No matter what. Even if they give 10 GB in 500 RS... Coz my last month download was around 50 GB... (dont ask what i did)... Though reliance here is giving 512 unlimited for rs 500 from next month. so BSNL should do something..

QUOTE(avinds @ Dec 29 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]72223[/snapback]
will wait and watch.....if ppl get 2Mbps between 2-8 .... then will switch to 1000 plan

coz then we can download more with 6hrs of 2mbps than 24hrs of 256kbps[/b]
I am 100% sure that no one will a consistent speed of 2Mbps all through night unlimited and even if they did I would still prefer Home 900 UL plan for its convenience. I can't even listen to online radio an hour a day with Home 500.

QUOTE(abhibh @ Dec 29 2006, 01:49 PM) [snapback]72234[/snapback]
I will stick to 900 Unlimited.. No matter what. Even if they give 10 GB in 500 RS... Coz my last month download was around 50 GB... (dont ask what i did)...

Though reliance here is giving 512 unlimited for rs 500 from next month. so BSNL should do something..[/b]
I really doubt Reliance would offer 512kbps unlimited for Rs. 500 and even if they did it would only be available in a few areas. BSNL won't bother about them, the only serious competitor is Airtel.

Increasing the download speed to 2 mbps doesn't make too much sense if they are going to do it only for account with bandwidth limitations. Simple maths tells you that 2.5 GB of downloads will be easily exhausted within 8 hours even if the speeds stay at 1 mbps (considering their 'technical feasibility' disclaimer). People with the limited bandwidth usage plans are probably going to be in for some major surprises when they check their bandwidth usage over time.I therefore, will stick with my UL 900 plan for now.BTW, have they increased the upload speeds too? A mere 64 kbps upload speed with 2 mbps download will suck pretty bad, won't it?

Yes, they have increased the upload speed also. I am getting around 20 kB/s upload.

QUOTE(pushkar @ Dec 29 2006, 04:50 PM) [snapback]72248[/snapback]
Yes, they have increased the upload speed also. I am getting around 20 kB/s upload.[/b]

Hmm... thinking of it, the increased upload speed is also going to eat into your bandwidth usage, meaning you're going to use up the bandwidth much quicker. (I'm assuming you have a limited bandwidth plan, since the speeds are not going to increase for the unlimited plans)

Back