Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

So is there an honest survey that is not politically inclined?

Which tells the true picture?

Like:
Is pollution really down compared to last January? If yes how much percentage?
Are people inclined to car pooling?
Are people inclined to take public transport?

I know there may not be honest survey but atleast do we have some logical conclusion?

I would also like to know if between 1st January to 15th January there was gradual decrease in pollution levels?

Because I think pollution may not decrease in just 5-10 days.

Fault lies with Delhi Government. They could have hired a NGO to monitor their sensors for accuracy and results instead of managing them on their own from the looks of it.

Plus these readings cannot even be taken seriously. Pollution levels are unlikely to be similar over a larger area. Even a smaller area. If you place the device in the center of a chauraha, the values are going to be higher than a device kept on one side of the road. And of course, the government does not seem to have announced any new measures to control pollution from other sources this year. It's insane. You can run diesel generators 24x7 to power societies and that's ok. But you cannot take your Euro 4 petrol car through Delhi.

I cannot wait for Delhi to implement odd even scheme on bikers.

Anyhow. My parents had to take brother's brand new Rapid to Panipat as it was the only car with an odd number (temporary registration). If its final number also comes out even, then we are a family with four cars all with even numbers.

So basically... A diesel car went to Delhi. Passed through it. Even though it has no business inside Delhi. Just because of the odd-even ruling. I would have taken my parents in my Petrol Grand otherwise.
Your car is Gurgaon registration?Why do you need to follow the odd even rule?

because outstation vehicles are not exempt. even if they have nothing to do inside delhi. and we have no other way to reach panipat but to go through delhi.

I thought outstation vehicles ars exempted.So now people have to plan their trip to Delhi based on their car number.Hasnt seen or heard of a more ridiculous rule ever.

Yup. The other option was to start at around 7am so that we cross Delhi before 8am (kind of a gamble) and leave Panipat at a time that would mean we enter Delhi after 8pm. This was also not an option because dad cannot get ready so early in the day.

A cousin is getting married in Delhi in February. Thankfully one of the event is on a Sunday and the other one is on even day. The first thing we checked once the dates were confirmed lol.

Back