Pollution Problem in Delhi NCR

I tend to take the worst possibilities into consideration. High court has allowed it till Jan 15. But the next hearing is on Feb 15 IIRC. So they could very well extend it till Feb 15.

Bro had talked to the Skoda dealer about odd number. He was told that the numbers are now generated by computers so it's not possible. Bullshit. lol. They should be thankful that people are even buying Skoda cars today after the emission scandal and of course the poor reputation of the company. Especially this dealer... I have read lots of horror stories about this particular dealership online.

Numbers are sold or auctioned in Haryana. Though I am guessing once should be able to buy a non-significant four digit number for a price. Not sure if my brother would be interested.

My Grand is my first vehicle to not have 1981 as registration number. Used to get 1981 by using a contact at Maruti dealership for all my vehicles. I did not go for it for Grand. Now I wish I did :P

I am actually surprised that Gurgaon has not adopted it already. NGT had issued some directions to NCR authorities regarding pollution. Nothing happened though. :\ In any case, local transport is not a major hassle. I can use Uber for that. Delhi is doable with Uber. But we have to go to Panipat (dad's home) many times every year so until the manesar-kundli bypass is ready, this is going to remain an issue.

Source

I have been following this account for the last couple of days. Pollution levels change at the same station through the day. I doubt having this system in place for longer duration is going to change anything. One day of heavy pollution (Diwali Night for example) should be enough to mess it up. Plus a few hours of rain would bring down the level signficantly for a few hours again.

PS: Can anyone tell if Twitter/Google+ embeds are working on desktop browsers?

Above embed did not work. It used to work earlier.

Clicking on link worked though.

Back