Poor download Speed in BSNL 3G

ISP
BSNL
Few months back i got myself a BSNL 3G SIM. It was giving awesome speed that time.Download speed was around 250KB/ps. Later on i downgraded to 2G. 2 or 3 days after i was getting GPRS speed as i have recharged with 175 unlimited plan(West Bengal Circle) for 1 month.Within that period i switched again to 3G. Still was getting GPRS speed. Now after my GPRS plan validity had expired 4 days later i recharged with 606 3G data voucher hoping that i would get 3G speed but still i am getting GPRS speed inspite of recharging with 3G tariff. I am using this Sim in a Huawei modem.Could anybody tell me the possible remedy?

You'll have to contact Customer care. Also visit nearest BSNL CSC and talk to some senior officer.

Yes its a very critical problem in BSNL Mobile connection. Complain by contacting customer care. Tell them the details very carefully. It should be rectified within 15days.

Try one more time with setting network mode in manual, select 3G coverage with UMTS mode. you are may be getting 2G signal rather than 3G coverage... try and revert back...

you need to select WCDMA mode in option--> network selection, if you are using mobile partner.

My 3G speed was 0.23 Megabits with Teracom lw 272 3.6 Data card. After complain at CC (1503), now its rocking 2.18 Megabits. Download speed 190 to 230 k bps with IDM. But signal strength not good in my area ( Baranagar, Calcutta Telephones). Hope when it will be good then speed will be more and more (3.00 Megabits and above).

^above 3 signal bars i dont think it matters much in speed issues.for thread starter -maybe should select umts for tht manually,if still persist talk to senior officer,dont call customer care,useless peoples..

I'm facing the same problem as OP. I have 5 bars, HSPDA enabled on my phone but still get bad d/l speed which is still manageable, the worst part for me is the constant disconnections. I tried to download iTunes from the Apple website and i was getting download speeds of 20-40 kb/s but it used to stop every 3-5 sec and then it would resume automatically after a few seconds. It is pretty annoying when the d/l keeps resuming and stopping.Trying to find a solution for this prob :(EDIT - Using a Htc HD2 in Bangalore if that helps.

I am also facing the same issue please post your first four digit if you are facing problem problem is prevaling only with the number like 9482 ,3,4 something like this so please post your first four digit number .

Back