Problem: Slow Speed in Chandigarh

• Thread starter Thread starter captnick23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 3,658

captnick23

ISP
BSNL Dataone
Hi, Guyz m from Chandigarh. i have Home 500 dataone. from the last 3-4 dayz the speed is fluctuating. like sometime i get download speed of like 200kbps n sometimes (most of the time) i get 7kbps-15kbps speed. and secondly when ever i get 200kbps download speed its only in torrent or download managers. i mean at the same time if i download via firefox or ie the speed is like 2-3 kbps. can anyone sort it out for me? or i have to do the ultimate task of calling bsnl and complain them?:huh:thanx

I think you should definitely call BSNL and register a complaint or two.I would also advise that you write a letter and post it to BSNL officer at your exchange. A printed letter has more effect on these babu types than mere words.That will fix the issue for sure.

ohh ok!! but i m a little curious. Can anyone tell me why i get download speed of lik2 5-6 kbps and at the same time i get torrent download speed of like 240 kbps .. and thats cool! why is that happenin! what is the exact diff. between torrent n firefox! why torrent works fast even when the wires are cutted?thank u

The same is hapenning in kolkata. Getting good speed in torrent but web access is down.This is most probably due to cable cut.

Can anyone tell me why i get download speed of lik2 5-6 kbps and at the same time i get torrent download speed of like 240 kbps .. and thats cool! why is that happenin!

Because the websites are usually located on a server or cluster of servers in US or EU and India is pinched for bandwidth to those countries right now. The bottleneck is our international gateway. It is one-to-many setup, although some content is distributed by CDNs (usually advertisements).

Torrents are p2p. Peer to peer. Multiple people upload and download at the same time. If the people uploading and downloading a particular torrent are in India, there would be no bottleneck. Only a small amount of tracker traffic goes out, the content is transmitted between users, and not from one central server.

Next time you start your torrent program, take a look at the "Peers" category. You will see many people connected, some downloading, some uploading, some seeding after they have completed their download so that others can download.

i thinkspeeds are back to normali m on wifi right nowon my laptopif someone can confirm tht if he/she is also feeling tht speeds are back to normal then please tell

I am from Kolkata and speeds are much better now from yesterday evening (25 Dec 2008)........hope the problem gets solved........:D

Back