problems increasing in tata sky plus

• Thread starter Thread starter arian_walls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 4,714

arian_walls

ISP
intech
hi guys, i am facing a hell lot of a problem in Tata Sky plus. please reply and tell me if u guys are also facing these same problems1)cannot rewind live tv...always have to restart the stb every alternate day for the rewind function to work2)if rewind works in live tv then cant play rewinded stuffs....also have to restart stb for this to work as well3)few recordings dont work.....some of the recorded contents work only for 15-20 mins,then the screen goes blue,though it says that it has recorded the complete event4)recording starts automatically....without any reason,the recording begins automatically and cant even stop the recoding unless the program being recorded is completei want to know if u guys are also facing these problems or any of these problems.incase if you are also facing these problems,then i can consider it to be a common fault and can ignore itif not,then will have to place an order for a new stbPlz reply guys,i need your help

i haven't faced these problems that you have mentioned...i think you need t get your STB changed..AC

i haven't faced these problems that you have mentioned...i think you need t get your STB changed..

AC

Thanks for Replying dude,i have one more question for you...how old is your stb?

Thanks for Replying dude,i have one more question for you...how old is your stb?

There are a lot of issues with the Tata Sky '+' stb once it gets old dude - i had problems like screen freezing, hangs at completely blue screen while changing channel, recording incomplete or even problem like unable to replay recorded programs - some issues gets sorted out when the STB is restarted but others prevail intermittently . they did replace my 1yr old stb with a refurbished or used stb which has also has issues. i'm now getting really pissed off - i paid 9k for stb + fopr last 2 yrs have paid in excess of 10k for yearly mega pack the latest being this jan, can't even change the operator now :(

There are a lot of issues with the Tata Sky '+' stb once it gets old dude - i had problems like screen freezing, hangs at completely blue screen while changing channel, recording incomplete or even problem like unable to replay recorded programs - some issues gets sorted out when the STB is restarted but others prevail intermittently . they did replace my 1yr old stb with a refurbished or used stb which has also has issues. i'm now getting really pissed off - i paid 9k for stb + fopr last 2 yrs have paid in excess of 10k for yearly mega pack the latest being this jan, can't even change the operator now :(

dude..how did you come to know that the replaced one was a refurbished one,did they not give it to you in a box pack ?

also by what you have written,it seems that its better not to replace the existing stb with a refurbished one...at least with the existing one,i can be happy thinking that it is not refurbished one atleast

dude..how did you come to know that the replaced one was a refurbished one,did they not give it to you in a box pack ?

also by what you have written,it seems that its better not to replace the existing stb with a refurbished one...at least with the existing one,i can be happy thinking that it is not refurbished one atleast

No pal... it was a old unboxed piece & if also doubt if it as the same demo stb that was kept in my house for testing for about 5-6 days while they were testing the intermittent issues i had with the old box !

First they took my stb for testing & kept it in their service center for about 5-6 days, in the meanwhile they gave me another so called Tata Sky+ demo box that was used to give demo to local customers opting for Tata sky +
Then they brought my stb back - but since i continued to have issues it was replaced after a delay of about 10-12 days - the whole process was a 2 month nightmare :(

No pal... it was a old unboxed piece & if also doubt if it as the same demo stb that was kept in my house for testing for about 5-6 days while they were testing the intermittent issues i had with the old box !

First they took my stb for testing & kept it in their service center for about 5-6 days, in the meanwhile they gave me another so called Tata Sky+ demo box that was used to give demo to local customers opting for Tata sky +
Then they brought my stb back - but since i continued to have issues it was replaced after a delay of about 10-12 days - the whole process was a 2 month nightmare :(

Thanks a lot madhusudhan7,just a final question to you,As now we no that if STB is replaced,we will get a used STB which again will have some problem,i think it is better to keep it as it is as the one that i have now is a new STB(BoX pack) which is six months old.By what u said,i think even if replaced,the problem is going to continue,at least i will hav a satisfaction that the STb that i have is a new one.Hence do you recommend me to replace the STB or to leave it as it is?

Tata Sky+ has good PVR functions and these functions are made to suit customers best interest of watching as per convenience. I totally disagree with the thread starters 4th point, as it cannot start all by itself it is a device which functions after giving a command so this cannot happen unless there is a schedule recording.

Does IPTV Have PVR Functions? Also Availability is?

Back