Q: how to Activate and Use BSNL 3G using USB Modem + 3G Sim Card on BSNL Prepaid

• Thread starter Thread starter ghpk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 39,438

ghpk

Now Visible in NCR ;)
ISP
Airtel Broadband + 4G and Voda 4G
I've been struggling to check who do i connect to internet using the 3G prepaid sim from BSNL.

I've tested it on my Nokia N70m, which was able to do Video Call.

I've a Vodafone modem, which shows Blue linking Light showing 3G signals are available,
USB Modem is unlocked, I am also using one free unbranded Huawei dialer software which comes for this modem to use without operator name, you can customize it to use with any operator across the globe.

I used APN as :gprsnorth3g.bsnlmobile.in
dial number : *99#
user/pass: blank
Network: GSM preferred
Band: All Band

even if i select Band as GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA2100
and send network registration i get Success msg.

but when i dial i get
" Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, "

can someone help me on how to configure this SIM to use 3G for internet.

Delete all other profiles.Try APN "bsnlnet".And make the new connection as "default".

hi pipiru,
thanks, i did make it default earlier too, but seems APN bsnlnet did the trick.

Here's the speed test result from BSNL 3G Sim when used with vodafone USB Stick.
https://www.speedtest.net

i still don't know the cost, I think its Rs.330 for 1GB plan, but i had only Rs.20 or so when i tested itstill have 17 Rs. left, don't know what was the cost.I'll be using it only in emergency OR only if they come up with nice bandwidth plan.I usually need constant connectivity in day time rather than high speed so i use voda+ BSNL broadband to work online during weekdays.

I've been struggling to check who do i connect to internet using the 3G prepaid sim from BSNL.

I've tested it on my Nokia N70m, which was able to do Video Call.

I've a Vodafone modem, which shows Blue linking Light showing 3G signals are available,
USB Modem is unlocked, I am also using one free unbranded Huawei dialer software which comes for this modem to use without operator name, you can customize it to use with any operator across the globe.

I used APN as :gprsnorth3g.bsnlmobile.in
dial number : *99#
user/pass: blank
Network: GSM preferred
Band: All Band

even if i select Band as GSM900/GSM1800/WCDMA2100
and send network registration i get Success msg.

but when i dial i get
" Error 619: A connection to the remote computer could not be established, "

can someone help me on how to configure this SIM to use 3G for internet.

iam using bsnl 3g Huawei 1552e usb modem from last week, the speed is better than 1xcdma of tata and reliance.the setting details are----select new profile then go to Apn-static/bsnlnet,network -wcdma preferablly,band-all,no *99#,username-blank,password-blank and lastly make the new profile as defoult

select new profileAPN;bsnl staticnumber;*99#network;wcdma prefferedband;allmake the new profile as default

hi can some one give me the link for the dialer .... i am using the vodafone modem ... and have the BSNL 3g Sim Card

Back