Huawei E1750 3G USB modem not working with BSNL Mobile SIM card.

• Thread starter Thread starter Sahyadri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 113
  • Views Views 87,788
I can also confirm that E122 works perfectly well in Pune on BSNL 3G. I have 128 K SIM which I took around 2 months ago. Though for some reasons speed keeps fluctuating more than my Nokia 5320.

Reposting here as its relevant here too:

Found one more thread..see if instructions there help for E1750 to work:
DO NOT buy E1750 or K4505 ( if you are from West bsnl circle )

I called up Leoxsys Networks in Bangalore asking for quotation for UMG 1831.

Leoxsys Networks Pvt. Ltd.
9916337675, 07676384974/097396 00431

However they did not have UMG 1831 in stock and asked me if I wanted E1750. I mentioned to them that E1750 does not work in BSNL west. In response, they stated that it works perfectly fine in Maharashtra for sure as they have sold about 15 modems in Maharashtra area and there and no complaints so far. He did mention that it requires some special setting that BSNL can give but works fine in BSNL west also...

I'm so confused now...I have E1752 and was planning to replace it with UMG 1831

how much has leoxsys quoted for E1752 and UMG1831.

E175o is about 3K...UMG 1831 they'll mention next week once stock is available

i feel UMG 1831 is a better option as it has faster speed and better specs.Huawei UMG1831 Modem Specifications:•Compatibility with HSPA+ network •HSDPA Download speed up to 21 Mbps ,HSUPA 5.76Mbps•HSPA/UMTS 2100/ 1900/AWS/850MHz •GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz •Compatibility with Micro SD memory cards System requirements•Windows (Win 2000 SP4, Win XP SP2/3, Vista SP1/SP2, Win 7) or Mac OS (Mac OS x10.4, 10.5 and 10•Dimensions : 80mm X 26mm X 10mmWeight : 30gThis UMG1831 easy-to-use wireless modem is the latest in a line of solid, high-performing USB modems that provides faster-than-3G data transfer speeds. The webConnect Rocket™ HSPA+ Laptop Stick provides fast, easy mobile broadband Internet access for your laptop by automatically finding the best network connection (HSPA+, 3G, HotSpot / Wi-Fi, or EDGE). It is ideal for mobile business users who need consistent wireless access to corporate networks, and others who are mobile and need high-speed connectivity.

Hello all,

I was also in same problems and spent days to find a solution including hours at BSNL technical cess for 3g at Ahmedabad Gujarat. Nothing worked. Till I did following.

Well I have been fortunate to find a possible solution to this Huawei 1750/1752/1550 modems not working in BSNL 3G etc. I have bee able to get my huawei e1752 working in AHmedabad with BSNL 3G sim and vodafone sim (normal 2G) in more than 1 PC/Laptop using inbuilt software dialer programme Mobile Partner version 16.00---- and firmware 11.126.03.----.

I will appreciate, once you find this solution working, if you copy paste this on any and all forums so that people will stop wasting hours and stop worrying how to connect their modems for 3G service. Here is what I have to say & suggest & I hope it will work for all. Now I want to activate voice call which is still not working.

a) Huawei e1550/1750/1752 USB data card IS WORKING on BSNL 3G in Gujarat. At least I am in Ahmedabad and it is now working. SO DONT BE IN A HURRY TO INCUR MORE COST ON ANOTHER MODEM, before trying some steps as I did and got it working.

First of all as far as I can gather from scores of forums for India 3G, mobile broadband technical forums/guides and forums for overseas mobile 3g/broadband providers' websites, this seems to be a problem of identifying and linking windows native NDIS drivers with incoming 3G signals/ internet data through USB Modems like Huawei and others. The forums are full of issues with usb 3g data cards either working/not working with some service providers' sim cards or with some windows OS but not with some other sim or windows OS. OR they are able to connect with dialer software of data card but not with windows dialers or vice-e-versa. The problem lies in failure matching (or making them talk to each other) of Windows OS native mobile broadband drivers and sim usb modems/BSNL drivers or in wrong (or by default) selection of RAS mode in modem dialer software in place of NDIS mode of connection. Where there are NDIS mode is selected by default in dialing software of any USB data card, this connection problem will not arise. Well not going into too technical details, to start using your USB Modem/Data Card, be it Huawei or Taracom or any other, pl try the following. (Pl note that I am not a technical person and may have wrongly described the reason). Anyway following did the trick.

First of all, CHECK - if you are getting an option to selectconnection mode of either RAS or NDIS mode in your Mobile Partner connection software from Huawei or in your COnnection software which came with the USB Data modem. After installing Mobile Partner/other connection software which came with the USB Modem, open Tools and select Options in drop down menu of Mobile Partner or similar dialer software. In window that opens for Options, click general tab on laft hand side panel (it will open to General by default). In main window below Start up box there should be another box "Connection Type" giving 2 options to select from RAS (Modem) and NDIS. Select NDIS or it should be selected by default. In most cases the Mobile Partner software has not installed properly and this RAS/NDIS Connection option is not there when we open software. Then the sim will not connect to internet. and it starts cry for help on forums and blaming BSNL or others.

If this Option (RAS/NDIS) is not there, and you are not able to connect, the software Mobile Partner or sone NDIS drivers are not installed and you need to completely CLEAN your computer and REINSTALL the Software. If trace of earlier installation remains, it will create problem and subsequent installations will not be properly done. The problem will remain. SO follo the following steps for properly reinstalling the softwares & drivers INCLUDING AUTO INSTALL OF NDIS Drivers by Windows update once they detect mobile broadband software and hardware including sim.

PART A : CLEANING EXISTING/PAST SOFTWARE & their traces.

b) First try a total uninstall of huawei or any other modem which you had installed/tried to instal. While uninstalling remove USB Modem. It should not be in usb port.

c) Run CCleaner for registry and disk BOTH. Clean/fix all issues. Several items of removed software will be deleted.

c) ENSURE THAT USB MODEM IS NOT IN CONNECTED IN USB PORT, Open regedit (start>in search box type regedit >enter. It will be shown at top in the Start Box. Open it. In the Regedit (registry editor) window highlight (select) Computer at the top and from edit drop down menu, select find and in find box type Mobile Partner or name of your dialer software which came with usb modem/data card. Select key, data & Value boxex below search what box Clock find or enter.

d) It will find such registry key which will have name of Mobile Partner. Delete that key/data/value bearing name of Mobile Partner. BE VERY CAREFUL. MISTAKE CAN HARM YOUR COMPUTER. BUT CORRECTLY DOING THIS STEP WILL NOT HARM YOUR COMPUTER. If whole Key folder on left hand side in reg edit window bears name of software, delete full key or if on right side in reg edit window, only any value/data contains name of Mobile Partner or name od dialer software which came with USB Modem, ONLY THAT SHOULD BE DELETED on right hand side in the reg edit window.

e) click edit menu and in drop down manu,click find next. This will find another key/data/value of Mobile Partnet or other dialer software for which you are finding the reg key/value/data. You will find several such keys etc even after you have removed software and used CCleaner. Delete each one by taking care that only relevant key/value/data is deleted as mentioned in (d) above.

f) Find next will also fins some keys/value/data where name mobile partner or dialer software name will not be clearly mentioned. It will be blank or nil value. AVOID DELETING such items. Just find next item WITH name of software and delete it.

f) after all key/value/data bearing name of mobile Partner or such dialer software is deleted and find next gives no more key, again select computer on top of reg edit windows and from edit manu, click find. In find what box type Huawei or your data card manufacturers name and click find/enter. Same as above delete keys/values/data having the name of USB manufacturer till all such entries are deleted. CARE as in (d) above should be taken while deleting any entry.

g) Restart. Again repeat process mentioned in d,e & f as above.

h) Restart.

B REINSTALL

Now your computer is ready for reinstallation of software which came with your 3G USB data card/modem.

a) Check version of your software & firmware. It should not be too Old otherwise it will not have voice/video features. Also always use company's original software. If not available search internet and download ORIGINAL Company software, as far as possible.

a) Remove sim card form USB 3G data Card/modem and insert data card in USB port of computer and wait for a few seconds till computer finds usb modem. There should open a pop up notification window for installing hardware etc. click on it to view installation. Drivers will be installed by windows OS.There should be at least 6-7 items which will be installed one by one. Be patient. After this is complete, and devides installed message comes on top left hand of the window and after even a minute, there is no activity, or further installation, close window. USB Modem will automatically restarted and a window for removable disk with options for open folder, auto run etc will open. Try auto run. Click on it and let installation complete automatically. If auto run does not work, open folder and double click on datacard software application. (Not version 64). Afrer dialer software installation is complete, again installing new hardware/driver notification pop up will be there. click on it and see that it is again installing all hardware/driver for mobile and storage with some more. Let the installation be complete. Wait. Modem will restart itself again. NOTE THAT MODEM HAS TO RESTART AND MODEM SHALL HAVE TO BE RECOGNISED BY WINDOWS AS (VIRTUAL) CD DRIVE.

b) Remove usb modem and restart.

c) Insert sim card in usb modem and insert it in usb port of your computer. Close window for removable disk. Let all drivers/hardware IF it finds, be installed and after modem is restarted automatically, remove modem and restart IF any new driver/hardware was found & installed.

d) Open Mobile Partner or modem providers dialer software. Go to Tools>options and open. In general tab, below Start up Box, under Connection type NDIS option should be automatically selected or select it. Set up Profile with dialing no. & APN (static selected mode) save and make it default.

e) In device manager in Control panel in Hardware & sound or phone & modem, select usb modem and right click it, select properties and click advanced tab. In extra iniatiliasion string copy paste this : at+cgdcont=1,"IP","bsnlnet" if you are having BSNL sim. In another service provider, replace bsnlnet by APN of that service provider.

f) on connection tab, ensure your default connection is selected and click on connect. Connection should be established.

C. RESTORING MODEM SOFTWARE TO ITS FACTORY SETTING :

g) If still any problem, start a hyperterminal window (NOT MS DOS PROMPT) or use putty terminal application. (download a small file from google search). Open putty and select serial port and put com port no. of modem (get it from control panel>hardware>device manager>modem> huawei modem right click> properties>Modem tab. There on left top corned below the table, com port no. is mentioned. Put this com no. in putty, after selecting serial port and enter. A hyperterminal window will open connected to that com port of USB Modem. Type at and enter. It may nort shoe in window (what you type) if you want to see what you type try, type echo on and enter and it may show what you are typing or may not. Dont bother. Type AT enter. Answer will come as OK. Again type AT & it wil reply OK. Now type ATZ and reply will come OK. repeat it 2-3 times. USB modem will restart each time and be patient.

h) Remove usb modem by safely removing hardware and reinsert it in usb allow computer to detect modem. Start dialer software. In options in Network, select WCDMA only and All bands
select OK and click on connect.

Connection should work.

D HOTFIX for frequent disconnection of connection

(though it is for IE connection, it is working in all computers and browsers/downloaders)

i) If it disconnects frequently, pl download this small update from Windows for USB Ports and install it. When you try to download a file from the Internet by using Internet Explorer, the download stops responding (Validation required) or from here Windows6.1-KB925681-x86.msu -> Language Neutral Windows 7 Hotfix Downloads -> Language Neutral Hotfix Downloads -> Downloads

I assume APN, bsnlnet and other dial up connection settings like try 99 times, pause between redial never, check redial when connection is not present etc are done in windows dialer if you want to use it. But most likely it will not work OR it will work and Mobile Partner will not work.

Pl give me feedback and let all know if this works

In main window below Start up box there should be another box "Connection Type" giving 2 options to select from RAS (Modem) and NDIS. Select NDIS or it should be selected by default. In most cases the Mobile Partner software has not installed properly and this RAS/NDIS Connection option is not there when we open software.

I tried the entire process but still do not see the option of RAS/NDIS.
Under General->Startup, I only see the following options:
- Launch on Windows Startup
- Minimize on Windows Setup

Modem: Huawei E1752
Mobile Partner: 16.001.06.01.500
Firmware...not sure how to check?

Has anyone else been able to get the RAS/NDIS option in Mobile Partner software?

Back