• Thread starter Thread starter trump
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,060

trump

trump
ISP
airtel
Hi friends,recently about a week ago,i took new airtel connection[799 plan] , airtel send a person to book the connection, he took 800Rs for new connection, i asked which modem they will give ,he said goodquality new one ,so i said give beetle 220bxi ,which i read about here many times ,so he said ok ,then after 3 days,airtel setup the connection,then a airtel technician came for installationbut he installed beetle 110bxi modem[white and square]so i asked why not giving beetle 220bxi ,he said airtel closed that modem and now only 110bxi is given to all new connections.Now i want 2 ask all you experienced ppl these 2 questions=1]is 110bxi better than 220bxi and what difference is between 220bx and 220bxi modems?and is really 220bxi are not given in new connections [or technician is lying]?2]often it happens that while browsing only half images [in pages etc]are downloaded and often have to refresh browser,downloads from link-removed also stops in middle,is this modem problem,isp problem or seems site problem ,so what is your guess?thx for any advice

are u having any disconnections,slow browsing with 110bxi modem???if airtel has provided u this modem than no need to worry as they ll give good model

Upvote 0
Only disadvantage in 110BX1 . There is no USB port.If you have more than one computer laptop etc , you have to buyadditional router or wifi router or exchange for 450BX1 ( from Airtel. )110BX1 working trouble free for me.Para two : switch over to FireFox browser. Addon IEtab will switch you to IE.Try opendns 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222( instructions if needed )

Upvote 0
Beetel makes modems only for Bharti now.....
They only have 2 models...110Bx1 and 450Bx1..... Bharti Teletech Limited- A Bharti Enterprise
110Bx1 has the best firmware till date. same firmware works with 220Bx1 and 220Bx models but it removes the USB functionality.
I personally feel that the 220Bx1 was the best in performance..... but it also ws the only one for me which got fried..... so can't say it was really the best..... 110 is just fine...looks like its made from recycled plastic...but works ok......no problems yet.:p

Upvote 0
The 220bxi series works ok but is prone to trouble, I think I've had mine replaced about two times so far.

Upvote 0
Back