Question regarding 4 MBPS 1399 Plan(Delhi)

• Thread starter Thread starter karanc6
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 4,201
1) Do they change the plan easily , or they will give me more hassle?

2) What is the upload speed I will get on 4mbps plan?

I basically want this plan for online gaming, my friend has the same plan where he gets 700-1000 kbps upload speed, am I gonna get the same upload speed on the 4mbps 1399 plan?

I am using the same Rs 1399 4mbps plan with 25GB FUP and I have never seen upload speed more than 350 kbps on this connection when uploading to servers in the USA. Average upload speed during the working day (10:00 AM to 5:30 PM) is never more than 240 kbps.

If someone is getting 1000 kbps upload speed on this plan, then I am interested in seeing the speedtest results from a server the USA because I am told by Airtel staff that they can not provide upload speed of more than 512 kbps on any of their plans because of the kind of network they have built. I am using Airtel's services since 2004 and have 3 connections right now and I have NEVER seen upload speed of more than 400 kbps on any Airtel connection in almost 8 years.

Once they added 8 mbps down/1 mbps up plans on their site and those plans were also withdrawn later on because they found out their network is too crappy to support those plans.

So yes, Airtel's network is designed for 1999 era and not 2011.

Alright but, It's been 5 days since I requested for plan change, the deadline they gave me on SMS(9th march) is gone, I called them up and they said they can't "commit" when my plan will be changed, how much time should I expect it to change in?

So people in Hyderabad are getting better service for the same money?

No not at all.
how u say that ?

No not at all.
how u say that ?

Are you also on 4 mbps plan?

im also a online gamer , and i host cod4 servers 16 players, my plan is 1699 (2mbps 40 gb after 1mbps).my upload speed always is between 80 to 86. i need help,if i select 1799 4mbps plan , airtel provide 4mbps to only 50gb then speed is 256. but in my 1699 plan ,when i cross 40 gb then my speed still 1mbps, so can airtel provide me in 1799 plan 50 gb after 256 or 1mbps or 2mbps, becuse i lucky im getting 1mbps after fup. help me!!!

Do NOT change your existing plan. After crossing 50GB it's going to be 256kbps....not 2mbps, not 1mbps, not even 512kbps.
Can anyone on the 1799 4mbps plan confirm this?

Guys they still haven't changed my plan..
I called them today again and the guy told me it will SURELY be done by 5 pm. tomorrow, and gave me a complaint number,, do you guys think it will be done?

its been 8 days now.......

Also this is the ping im getting(isnt it higher than usual?)

Back