Rain water dripping into PC from sify cable

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,990
alternative...move to the upper floor so that ur height is more than that of the electric pole the wire is hooked up on...it'll be impossible then ;) :D

I remember that water used to come from the tv cable which had screwed my old tv. hence i shall be careful this time with my pc.

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Jun 30 2005, 08:09 AM
alternative...move to the upper floor so that ur height is more than that of the electric pole the wire is hooked up on...it'll be impossible then ;) :D
[snapback]14251[/snapback]
[/quote]
It could yet reach through cappillary effect ;)

My previous CTO used to have his switch in some protective housing because it was on the roof exposed to all the elements of the nature. But I don't know whether it was rain-proof because i'd taken the connection after the last monsoon passed by.

Originally posted by avinds@Jun 30 2005, 10:28 AM
how wud water go "inside" the wire??
[snapback]14272[/snapback]
[/quote]

a) There could be a gap between the connector and the wire.

B) the connector could have been installed vertically facing the rain.

Originally posted by Mahesh1@Jun 29 2005, 09:57 PM
avinds, i hope your alternative involves striping the cable. Because if you don't the water WILL have no problem in traveling upwards. This is due to the constant supply.

[snapback]14179[/snapback]
[/quote]

hehehe.....thank god NEWTON isnt here !!!!! :P :P

capillary effect...hmm...i'm sure it won't rain that much :lol:the wire really has be to "submerged" in water to have that effect, if at all it can have any... ;)

My tv was screwed because of this. I made my cto come and see himself. The water was coming out like it comes out of a faulty leaky pipe. The rust also was there. and it had a smell which was stinking.Cto was just a mere spectator. somehow I hate ctos

Back