Regretting for ordered DELL notebook

• Thread starter Thread starter rampap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 7,387

rampap

ISP
BSNL
I have ordered Dell Inspiron 1520 Notebook on 6.11.2007 and paid Rs. 42,650 through credit card on the same day. I was informed that the notebook will be delivered before 27.11.2007 I used to check the order status online. But the order status has not been updated since 8.11.2007. I enquired the concerened Sales Account Manager via email regarding my order status on 9th, 11th and 19th of this month. She has not responded to mail. I had called her over telephone four times. She has not given proper answer. Then, I have sent an email to DELL Sales Manager and he has also not responded. On 26.11.07, I called the Customer care and enquired about my order. They informed that due to some money transaction problem the invoice is not ready and they are not sure about the delivery date. I have sent a Fax to Mr. Ashish Kumar, Sales Manager, Dell India regarding the issue. I think he had thrown my fax in the dust bin. I tried by email, phone and FAX. Nobody cared. After getting money from customer, they are thinking he is rubbish. My experience with DELL India is very much frustrating. I am regretting for my order with DELL. My humble request: PLEASE DON'T GO FOR DELL. People in Dell India are DEVILs. Even after knowing everything, if somebody orders, he has to go to the HELL.

Did you pay be credit card ? Request your bank for a charge back . Also specify in e-mail that you are going to charge back since they havent met their own deadline .

how can you pay through Credit Card on the same Day ???
invoice is to be generated for your order, mailed to you, then you fill in credit card details and mail it back to them then only your credit card will be charged.... They also dont have any online payment system.

just asking.

also call up your credit card bank and enquire whether the transaction has takes place.

he has also posted it on another forum DELL India throws bull**** on customers - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion and there are 2 replies to it

_

They don't have any online credit card payment system. They asked credit card number including security code and told that all the information will be confidential. same day the amount was debited. Thinking the reputation of Dell world wide I placed tha order. Now only experinced that it is DEVIL India

damn! even i haven't got my server yet!!and it's saturday and they're off today :wall:

never mind but dude u have opened same thread in many forum.i hope they respond to ur querry soon.

from what i know they only charge the money to your card after the product is delivered.

If its Indian card then you can't chargeback in most cases. Indian laws (and more important, credit card end user agreements) are different then US/EU.Here, bank's liability ends as soon as it can establish that end user authorized charge. Whether service/goods were delivered or not is not covered by contract between cardholder and bank.One of the reasons, I pay for costly items with a US card. You can issue chargebacks and you get additional warrany on purchases. Downside is you pay 3% as charges (curreny conversion and whatnot charges)

Back