Regretting for ordered DELL notebook

• Thread starter Thread starter rampap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 7,387
It doesn't matter if its indian card or US card ... U can chargeback anytime ... I have done tht twice with sify and indiaplaza.in ...

Then you just got lucky.

This is what banks have to say:
\"Chargeback rules raised by the customer are different for different markets; the rules are different even within Europe for different countries,\" reveals Sachin Khandelwal, head (cards group), ICICI Bank.
In India, in case of a dispute, the issuing bank raises a chargeback to the merchant and reimburses the money back to the customer. But, there are no specific conditions under which a customer can apply. The issue is resolved or taken up on a case-by-case basis. \"As a matter of policy, the bank does not offer any purchase protection to the customer regarding the quality of goods or services purchased,\" claims Khandelwal.
The Citibank spokesperson parroted a similar line: \"In the event of a dispute or claim, card members need to resolve it directly with the merchant. Only, if we have a business relationship with the concerned merchant establishment, we try to, on a best effort basis, help customers in the manner possible.\"

Use credit cards with care; the risks are yours

My own card agreement specifically says that its up to bank to decide if chargeback would be allowed for a transaction or not.

my frd jeet had also booked a Dell laptop ... it took about 4 month too deliver they told us that cheque was reached to them .. but in the statement it was ... had to do manyy hassle like taking the zerox is the paased cheque and sign frm the manger ... and alll ..if for that they gave him 2 years complete cover and also one 1 gb pen drive speakar and Sony earphone for freeee ... i think .... whyy dont u file an fir agianst the dell ... and then send them the fax and then ... tell them if u dont ... compenste u will go to the consumer court and haa send the fax in the name of the ceo of the company ... i had also done it when my Nokia ccell phone was not working and they took it and then they where also not replying ... i filed an fir i nt he name of dell ceo

^^^^please be a bit more clear... its difficult to derive something useful from your post except the fact that your friend got a few freebies bcos of Dell's screw-up and delay. I didn't have any prob with my order and the quality of the laptop so its sad to hear how Dell is screwing up things so badly these days.... @asdfgf easier to say than to do :D

Dell has an untapped market in India if it does not screws up sales channels.

right, Dell's product range looks unbeatable with prices/customiseability, they just need to improve the sales experienceim hoping these bad experiences are rare and most people dont have issues...

i have ordered a 22' monitor from Dell.. its been 15 days since i got the quotation and 13 since they confirmed receiving a cheque. but i am still waiting for the confirmation of my order and have no way to track it except emailing the sales rep who tells me it normally takes 2-3weeks to process a payment made by cheque!!many not-so-big retailers can easily get it done within a couple a days .. dunno whats up with dell

@banda, what did you put in the "pay to" section of the cheque? i hope there isnt some sort of scam by Dell bpo employees!

i made it out to "Dell INDIA PVT LTD" and also made it account payee... if those folks can still somehow make a scam out of it then hats off to them!

Back