Reliance Big TV DTH: Big TV Logo

• Thread starter Thread starter sudhirrs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 24,892
The company's official information attributes this expansion as a result of its continued stint in customer satisfaction and feedback from the customers. This will be an added feature along with position flexibility of the Big TV logo on the screen by the Channel, which relieves the viewers from visible disturbance.
Reliance Bluemagic DTH Network: Big TV enhances its GUI

Ok I have had enough of the stupid in your face Big TV logo.. and I had enough of useless talk with the most useless customer support at Big TV. So I just sent an email to them.. I don't know if others detest it as much as I do but until they fix it I would request others to refrain from going ahead and purchasing BigTV. Of course there are other issues too like putting me in the wrong package or wrong regional pack but this they refuse to understand..

Date: Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM
Subject: Big Issue
To: [email protected], [email protected]

Dear Mr Ambani,
I recently subscribed to Big TV. You have no control over the
content of each channel. Yet you force a big BIg TV logo on each
channel. You don't know what content is being shown in every channel
in that area. I am paying you to watch the channels and you force me
to watch your ridiculous logo. Your customer care has obstinately
refused to take care of this issue. I try not to get angry with them.
They talk to me as if this logo is automatic and god created and so
cannot be removed from the screen.

Sir, I request you to kindly fix this asap. We are losing patience
with the attitude of your big tv customer care towards this issue. It
sounds like the orders were given from higher ups to force this logo
down our throats. How would you feel if your computer maker or your
ISP forced his logo on the screen whenever you use your computer?

Hope you will address this asap.

Thank you
regards

The Big TV logo is superimposed on the output by the STB. I know this for sure because I am watching Big TV on my PC without using the STB and I don't see any logo in any of the channels. There are a couple of things you can do about this:

1) Ask the service provider to remove the Logo by upgrading the STB firmware/settings.
2) Hack the STB firmware/settings yourself to remove the Logo superimposition.
3) Watch Big TV on your PC and thus completely bypass the STB and the associated Logo.

how can we watch it on comp without STB kindly explain that method

google for big tv dvb-s pc and you will find your answer (if you are on big tv i.e.). there is a thread for Tata Sky too. both the threads are on broadbandforum.co
but remember, you will need additional hardware to watch satellite transmission on your PC.

I think very soon they will make their logo smaller. because what i have seen on their iNteractive services, there they kept a very small [BIG TV] logo.So i guess, soon they will make it universal for common viewing channels. (I GUESS SO)

Back