Reliance Big TV DTH has major problems

Hey,As I told you earlier, my BigTV services resumed after an outage of 12 days (1st May to 12 May), today I've received an e-mail from TRAI ([email protected]). They (TRAI) have sent a letter (dated 13th May) to authorised-signatory-Reliance Big TV, about my complaint (on e-mail to TRAI), and have requested to convey their comments on the issues raised, latest by 25th May, 2009.A good start - thank you TRAI, and thank you too, guys.Yogesh.

Yogesh

i have exactly the same issue. No way customer care or supervisiors could address the problem. Inspite of having balance all channels display subscribe to the channel.

The only way out is to lodge a complaint with local consumer court and ask for refund of cost of set top box/ charge and recharge amount / damages for not being able to watch programmes you have paid for.

Bye

Thanks guys..
For a start, I've dropped mail each to TRAI ([email protected] - found on net for something else) and consumer complaint redressal forum of my area (ID [email protected]) - did put a copy to [email protected] & [email protected] as well.

Hoping to get them realise that I'm serious in getting that damm thing lost from my home, and yes - on complaining & getting the refund my hard-earned money as well...will keep all updated through this forum.

And yeah...called them again, they gave me a new complaint reference number - have got total 8 of these...am I anywhere near to any world-record yet?

Well bigtv has the worst hardware among all dth providers all their versions of STB available in Market has problem of hanging software and rebooting and other. Even i am surprised to see that their latest version of STB has also hardware problem. And an interesting fact is that on Sunday i went to an electronic shop who is by chance a bigtv dealer as well and he is showing and telling features of bigtv to one customer on his shop on his Demo STB and guess what???? even their their Demo STB got stuck in between that is STB is hanged. Then he immediately restart STB again and making an excuse of loose connection.

Further updates:
As I had told TRAI sent BigTV a mail on my issues - for which last-date was 25th May.

I've been now getting calls (total 3) from BigTV - first one of them was pretty stupid - asked me wheter I know why the problem was coming up!!
Next one - a lady - asked the similar questios - but folded the call up after I asked the name/contact number of Nodal 0fficer - said that she is NOT ALLOWED to tell it!!!

Next person was sligthly better - told me that charges for 12 days would be refunded, gave me his ID ([email protected] - when I asked for Nodal officer contact-details) - told me that he's some Delhi BigTV incarge or something like that .

Well - in the end, although I did waste a lot of time - in calling them, writing all the mails - wasted time of you all in this forum too (thank you guys for your support/suggestions), I did settle on just getting the money for outage-period back - althouhg I had asked them to cut it off + refund of installation charges..but I guess a known Devil's always better kinda...didn't take the risk of moving to another-just-average DTH.

Hope that ADA's boys do improve in future.

Thanks,
Yogesh.

Further updates:
As I had told TRAI sent BigTV a mail on my issues - for which last-date was 25th May.

I've been now getting calls (total 3) from BigTV - first one of them was pretty stupid - asked me wheter I know why the problem was coming up!!
Next one - a lady - asked the similar questios - but folded the call up after I asked the name/contact number of Nodal 0fficer - said that she is NOT ALLOWED to tell it!!!

Next person was sligthly better - told me that charges for 12 days would be refunded, gave me his ID ([email protected] - when I asked for Nodal officer contact-details) - told me that he's some Delhi BigTV incarge or something like that .

Well - in the end, although I did waste a lot of time - in calling them, writing all the mails - wasted time of you all in this forum too (thank you guys for your support/suggestions), I did settle on just getting the money for outage-period back - althouhg I had asked them to cut it off + refund of installation charges..but I guess a known Devil's always better kinda...didn't take the risk of moving to another-just-average DTH.

Hope that ADA's boys do improve in future.

Thanks,
Yogesh.

Hi Yogesh

I don't know whether this post will be viewable for you or not.
Even though some of the folks given you some useful hints to rectify your problem,
this problem could have been rectified little quickly if you had post this in SaveOnDish forums.
the moderator of that forum has some influence in Big TV, he would have solved your problem more quickly.

Eventhough Reliance BigTV is a bad service, SaveOnDish forum members will always help to get most out of BigTV with little hassle.

for the past 10 days i have not able to see the my account page details in big tv services ,is it a problem for everyone ? or i have to do something to change in stb. plz advice

for the past 10 days i have not able to see the my account page details in big tv services ,is it a problem for everyone ? or i have to do something to change in stb. plz advice

i can't see it either.

I have had not much problem with the service except for the crappy CC exec who cant even speak clearly till this month.On 1st June I recharged and asked for my old starter 3 to be replaced by the new starter 3 pack. I had checked the website to know the new rates but oddly even though they publicly announced 10 new channels they didnt bother to update the website till 3/4th. I was assured that by evening the new pack would be activated and since I had never had any problems before beleived that nothing much out of the ordinary would happen!! How Naive I was :redface: to expect such a simple thing from the CC.Well it didnt happen nor the next day or the days after. From mildly frustrated I went ballistic and gave the CCs a piece of my mind. Everyday it was the same story...get up...check the tv...call CC....wait for 15 min for some idiot to come on line...hold for another 10...get a complaint number and wait. In the end I collected so many number I stopped even quoting them any only mentioned my Sub ID. Can you imagine how thick skinned these rascals are? I sent an email to the address on the website...no response. After a lot of my BP going up screaming at the CC and pulling my hair out I finally resigned myself to the fact that the CC execs are morons of the nth order and maybe I should just throw the box out of the window.Well I gave it once last shot today (12th day) and finally they were able to get it right. The entire episode has left me being very sour about it.Crapy Service is an understatement. I dont what what hell will break loose when they introduce High Defination!

Well its true that customer service of all reliance product are poor and BIGTV is not an exception, its also one of them and all bigtv subscriber comments here justifies the same.

Back