• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 6,459
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglear

ISP
BSNL to Reliance
Hi everyone :bowtoyou:, newbie here......

I just switched over from the good ol' bsnl BB to reliance, and am not able to use my wireless router. Whenever i route the connection though the router, I am not able to get through to the internet, but when directly connected from the modem the net is accessible. I have been using this router with my earlier connection with no problems, and just to be extra sure i have reset the router and its now in factory default settings. I have a Linksys WRH54G router (with default firmware), which is a very basic model but gets the job done marvelously, and the reliance modem issued is a UTstarcom (UT-300R2) adsl modem. Can anyone shed some light here?...I do know that there are quiet a number of ppl here who faces similar issues... can anyone help us out here pleaseee???? Thanks in advance :pleasehelp:

Some of the main settings are :-

1) Internet connection settings : Automatic configuration DHCP /Satic IP / PPPoe- Currently in PPPoe
2)PPPoe passthrough: currently enabled
3)Advanced Routing : Gateway/ Router - Currently router

HELP

Hi all,I am here to reply to my thread...funny yeah..!!!I got my router configured and running... I got some expert help from Linksys Helpline, No: 1800 419 5797. those guys are great, and really helped me. Some of the main points he told me are 1) to Uncheck the "Block Annonymus internet requests" which is in the security tab of advanced configuration window and followed by 2) enabling mac address clone and cloning the PC's mac. The rest of the configuration is the basic stuff. But before all this he made me press reset for a full 30 sec followed by powering the router off for about a minute or so.Another issue I faced was I could get to the Reliance log in page but could not get through despite entering the correct id and passwrd . This part was solved by the reliance CC (who initially even had to balls to ask me to talk to the sales person about how to config a wireless router!!!), fella who told me it might be because of multiple log in attempts or trying to log in with out properly logging out. This was my problem, and once I had properly logged out while in a direct modem connection, disconnected the modem, and then connected via the router, and up came the log in page and ...entered my log in details......to my surprise I got thorough ...I got connected to the net. ... And Thats the end of my story.Well ..all is well that ends well right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back