• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 19,437
Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanthuk

ISP
SSV Broadband
Since 3G charges are off the roof i've decided to stay away from 3G for sometime. Now i wanted a feedback how the GPRS speeds in Reliance GSM Mumbai Circle are.Also what are the GPRS Charges like for Reliance GSM, their website haven't listed any charges

Since 3G charges are off the roof i've decided to stay away from 3G for sometime. Now i wanted a feedback how the GPRS speeds in Reliance GSM Mumbai Circle are.

Also what are the GPRS Charges like for Reliance GSM, their website haven't listed any charges

lol..This happens when govt sells something, price of which is unappropiate. when we are talking about 3G and its effect on this country then people are talking about GPRS:whistle:

well GPRS has become a common thing in the country and lots of perators did warn that 3G would be expensive. Anyway where can i find the GPRS prices for reliance now

No one knows the charges for the Reliance non 3G data plans?? Calling the customer care throught the number listed on their website doesnt connect either

Heh. Be thankful. Your data charges on 3G are awesome compared to some countries whose 3G networks are 5 years old already (and whose cost per subscriber for the spectrum is about half that of India).Reliance gives 21GB for Rs2100 - here, that would cost nearly Rs10k (on the cheapest network, if you're in the right cities), or in the rest of the country, easily Rs30k or more... I only wish I was kidding.

but for us it is still expensive..

Heh. Be thankful. Your data charges on 3G are awesome compared to some countries whose 3G networks are 5 years old already (and whose cost per subscriber for the spectrum is about half that of India).

Reliance gives 21GB for Rs2100 - here, that would cost nearly Rs10k (on the cheapest network, if you're in the right cities), or in the rest of the country, easily Rs30k or more... I only wish I was kidding.

well i have nothing against the 3G plans offered by anyone, i needed a data plan for my mobile for some simple tasks like social networking, mails, ovi maps and for uploading photos to forward to my friends. Nothing intensive,I'm really not interested in video calling or video streaming. In such a scenario i see no purpose paying the premium charges charged by different network providers (BSNL included) when a simple EDGE connection should suffice. I have a great wired broadband connection at home that i'm very happy with so i feel no need for tethering either.

But on a side note, yes these plans may be a lot cheaper than international rates (haven't seen any yet actually) but as an Indian consumer it really doesn't matter how much cheaper it is in India (compared to the rest of the world) when majority of us can't still afford it. If they really want to get more 3G connections well they should price it for the target consumers.

Even though voice call rates where minute compared to the call rates abroad the providers still made a profit in India because the price appealed to the mass market. Well you can recover costs by pricing for the mass market or for the high end market. Mass market cost recovery takes longer i guess that's why the providers decided to charge for 3G the way they did.

Now back to original topic, doesnt anyone know the charge for the GPRS plans in Relaince Mumbai, Vodafone is killing me

Reliance GPRS charges:10p/10KB with no rentalRs.5 for a day for 50 MBRs.29 for a week for 500 MBRs.51 for 15 days for 1 GBRs.99 for a month for 2.5GB (I heard it as 3GB when I called CC)

Thanka lot, now to find which provider is better in mumbai, idea or reliance (i hate vodafone)

reliance has 3 different gprs plans for prepaid.default - 10p/10kbrs. 5 - 50 mb - 1 dayrs. 51 - 1gb - 15 daysFor postpaid -default - 10p/10kbrs. 99 - 2.5gb - 30 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back