Reliance GSM: 1 Paisa per SMS or unlimited SMS at Rs 1 per Day

• Thread starter Thread starter rohitrohan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 59,890
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine getting an iPhone or some other high end mobile at say 10 K for a 2 year contract with Airtel or Vodafone.

airtel had specified during the launch of the iphone in india that the american model cannot be replicated here because contracts are very hard to enforce here.

it is very easy to fake identities so getting a sim on someone else' name on the contract here.

so they are going to lose out big time if they follow the same here. it sucks but that's the reality.

the problem with their offerings is that they sell locked phones at high prices which is something TRAI should look into.

if the mobile phone price is not subsidized significantly, it should not be sold locked legally.

Further modification on SMS tariff:

For Prepaid:

For Postpaid:

After TATA DoCoMo, every mobile service provider started providing 1p/sec.And now, after Reliance, I think every mobile service provider may start providing SMSs at much lower costs BENEFITING MANY PEOPLE :dance::yahoo:

airtel had specified during the launch of the iPhone in india that the american model cannot be replicated here because contracts are very hard to enforce here.

:D Airtel had a lot of other things to say too, but look what things have come to - 1 ps/second billing, 1 ps/second roaming!, and now free SMS. The market is changing, and I am sure if any operator comes up with this contract system making high end phones affordable, it is definitely going to click.

It is also good to see Reliance giving equally good deals for postpaid customers atleast as far as the SMS packages are concerned. Postpaid customers are a neglected lot in this country.

SMS15000 - You get 15k messages at Rs 25 but for Rs. 100 you get 2500 messages ? Why ?

^ I believe that's the catch. A closer look at the plans would suggest that the 15000 free SMS are within Reliance, and the 2500 are to ANY phone. Trust Reliance to do this :D

^ I believe that's the catch. A closer look at the plans would suggest that the 15000 free SMS are within Reliance, and the 2500 are to ANY phone. Trust Reliance to do this :D

Good One Mate..I agree.

also the Insiders with Telecom Majors in India like Airtel and Vodafone are watching the Market Trend with this Reliance SMS Offer and they are Planning to Offer Free SMS's withing Network [OnNet] in India that Means Free SMS Within Airtel or Vodafone Network anywhere in India :pleasehelp:

I guess 1p/SMS would be a more economic option for prepaid users than the monthly pack of Rs.25 for 500 SMS cuz I don't think a person sends more than 50 messages a day (unless he/she has got some sort of 'Obsessive–Compulsive SMS Disorder' :grin:).

also we cant trust Reliance for SMS'shave really a Bad Experience with it.out of 10,Avg 5 MSgs Delivered and Rest Stuck in the Congestion what Customer Exec.Guy Explained..and will be Delivered as the Traffic Clears..and it never Cleared..:@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back