Reliance Jio Prime Membership (Free extension for one year)

Are you subscribing to JIO Prime Offer?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • Can't Say

Votes: 11 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I did some crazy weird recharge today. Recharged my main (and my old Jio number that I got with LYF phone last year) for a total of 13 times for Rs.499 each on jio.com. But only 12 got processed it seems and it is showing 12 queued 2GB/day plans with 10GB booster free each. It actually needs 13 recharges as it is 28 days but then I did not recharge the 14th time as I am not sure if the skilled 13th recharge (with money deducted from my bank) would be applied or refunded back.

In addition, I did Rs.499 prime on my second number. And Rs.149 for 2 times of dad/family number (queued one up). And another Rs.149 on my third Jio number.

So, 14 Rs.499 recharges and 3 Rs.149 recharges on Jio.com Maybe I will make another couple of recharges for my sister later.

I did not use any of the cashback etc. too. Hope Jio maintains their quality. I am being a staunch supporter of them nowadays. :p And hope they launch Fiber soon too in Guwahati with good plans. I see their network improving and becoming a lot more stable in the last few months. Hope it would even become better from April 1 when the freeloaders are removed.

On a rethought, I would have 56 x 2 = 112 + 10 x 2 = 132 + 3 x 2 = 138 GB data for the first month. That is a whole lot of data on a paid plan. And yes, I have BSNL broadband basic plan for backup. BSNL has finally laid new lines on my road with the DB box in front of my house after requesting them for the last 10 years. So, hopefully that would also improve. Finally everything seems to be falling into place a bit after a wait of 10 years. Yeeehaaa :D

Last edited:
I have done just single 303 recharge. I am not confident in investing 303 x 12 = 3636 for a year. This is because if response is poor, Jio might bring out another lucrative recharge offer and users who did advance recharges might feel shafted.

But if 2-5am night unlimited was assured, I would have blindly (and gladfully) purchased 12 month recharges for queuing.

Is it confirmed that one of the prime plans has to be recharged every month to keep the prime membership? I just want to pay for prime just in case my need exceeds in any month in the following year.

It was a pleasant surprise and the 13th 499 recharge also got successful in my main Jio number instead of the refund which I expected. Good that I did not make the 14th recharge as there is no period left. So, I am done for the next year I suppose on my main Jio number. 13 x 28 = 364 days. So, that is probably enough. There would be 10 GB each time too. So, 10 x 13 = 130 GB extra. I am now thinking that maybe the 10GB buffer and my BSNL broadband for backup would be enough. Maybe I do not need prime in all my Jio numbers ( the 3 that I personally own/use). Only 1 might be enough in the 499 plan and one more number in the 149 plan for calls. I want to keep the calling phone separate from my data one as keeping the hotspot on for most of the day is killing my phone batteries very quickly over the last year. I have bought Jiofi too but the signal strength is not as good as phone. For the third Jio number (which is already recharged with Prime), I might probably discard or just do basic recharge for the third. Doing 499 recharges on all 3 might be an overkill. I would probably not even consume data of one 499 plan in a day. I was thinking of keeping multiple connections for buffer in case usage exceeds on any day but the 10GB seems to be a very good buffer in a way.

@d5aqoëp I agree on the night unlimited part though. I would seriously miss it. 2GB per day + night unlimited on the 499 plan would have been awesome. I normally open youtube only at night in my Jio phone in the last few months since the limits started. Actually my Jio browsing habit has changed over time. When I was a beta user (LYF phone user free SIM), it was pure unlimited and I used to use without any limits. :D That was the best period. Then came the 4GB limit which stopped heavy stuff download but still Youtube etc. could be worked out during the day as there was no night unlimited. Then came 1GB with night unlimited. So, it was terrible during day but awesome at night. So, most Youtube and heavy stuff used to be during the night. Also got a couple of extra mobile phones (including one more LYF phone) and thereby more Jio SIMs and gradually, I hardly spent even 1-2 GB at day with all 3 SIMs. So, in a way my data usage has lowered in the last few months but still it is far better than BSNL broadband. The best part of Jio is the stability at least for me. The speeds are decent (far better than BSNL) and I have probably not had even a single major downtime especially since January. The worst time was probably during the 4GB daily limit period. The nework was slow and congested then with some downtime too.

Jio signal are really bad here so I'm not gonna renew, may get Vodafone 350 plan.

Do we have thread /post which compares JIO plans with equivalent plans from Airtel / Vodafone / Idea?

As of now I think 149Rs by JIO is best plan for me.

When last year I took Jio. they alloted me a number which failed to activate even after reliance digital guys tried. This was when there wer huge lines at stores.

So I suggested him to cancel that number and allot me a new number which he did. And Im using that new number ever since after recharging with prime.

However this piece of shit jio is sending me messages daily asking me to recharge jio with that first number. I confirmed with both myjio app and jio customer care that only one number is active on my adhaar account and previous number is disabled.

Still I get sms daily asking me to recharge prime. 1~2 sms per day is okay but Im receiving almost 10~15 sms per day. Highly irritating.

I tried to call jio customer care today to ask them to either make it stop or disconnect my number altogether but the lines are busy since morning

Back