• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 12,272
Status
Not open for further replies.

apvinod2003

ISP
none
I took a reliance wimax connection a month back (BTM layout 2nd stage, bangalore). It was an 300 kbps unlimited plan. Tariff: 1000 rs + taxes. When i took the connection, the agent promised me a download speed of 37 - 40 kbps (which is expected out of a 300 kbps connection). And when they gave the connection, it was working smoothly as promised for around 10 days. Then the problem started surfacing, like inconsistent download speeds (~10kbps). and some days i wasn't able to even connect. It happened twice or thrice a week this way. I used to call up the customer support and raise a complaint (They typically take a minimum of 10 minutes to book a complaint which = 10RS. Also they dont fail to mention the words "we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused, we will raise a complaint and look into this at the earliest ... "). Untill the problem is rectified i could not virtually use the connection due to its ultra - slow speed. That way it went on for a month untill last week where i was greeted with a surprise - I started getting the problem literally daily and now my download speed is permanently reduced to 7 kbps. This time i got a little suspicious and used speedtest to test the connection speed and i was shocked -- The speed was capped at 100 kbps instead of 300 kbps. I called the customer care (as usual), not to raise a complaint, but to terminate the connection. The CC guy refused to take a request for termination (hope it is like signing a bond with reliance) and instead pursued me that he'd fix the issue within 24 hours. Its been 4 days since i called them up, i keep calling them every day and most of the time no body picks up, and even if they do, they reply with the same words "we are extremely sorry ...". Its high time i realized that reliance wimax is some kinda trap wherein u never have the freedom to even terminate. Now I have been trying every day to terminate the connection.Initial expenses (installation) = 500 + 61 tax = 561 rsExpenses per month = 1000 + 123 tax = 1123 rscalling customercare = 20days/month * 10 rs per call = 200 rsTotal expenses = 1884Total days i got the connectivity with the promised speed = 10 days * 37.43 (charges per day incl taxes) = 370 rsloss incurred = 1514 RS.Some of my colleagues also faced the same problems like decreased speed to no connectivity, within 1 month of taking the connection. So i would strongly recommend you guys not to fall into a trap by taking a reliance connection. BSNL is always the best, with the airtel a close second, but i could get neither due to feasibility issues. Any guys who have faced a similar experience, please post your reviews here, since 90% of the people read the forums such as these, before choosing a broadband connection. -- A frustrated reliance wimax customer

Thanks dude..your review was very helpful..I stay in Marathalli..and I wanted to go for the reliance broadband..and I cant get the airtel connections..feasibility issue..and BSNL takes lots of time to give u a connections..I'll wait for BSNL...rather than paying reliance..

Actually, I disagree. Reliance WiMax in Bangalore is actually quite good - all you have to do is ensure you go to the right reseller. I'm a WiMax customer, in JP Nagar 1st Phase, and am very pleasantly surprised at the stability and throughput rates of Reliance WiMax here. I'm on an unlimited 600kbps connection, and have downloaded over 70 GB last month. the connection is stable and fairly fast. Of course, you do have to take care of the annoying auto-login thing by running a CURL script every hour, but that's a small annoyance and non-existent if you automate it. Look, I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience - why don't you try Tata Indicom or Sify? They are also in BTM 2nd stage - or if that doesn't work out well, try Reliance Wimax again, only this time go to a different reseller for installation. Try calling this chap, who is also a Reliance reseller: Mahesh on 9343555199 (reseller name is Gemnet) and speak to him. Gemnet's landline number is 080 32417072 / 25298914.

Reliance Customer Care is about the worst on this planet. They have horrendous customer care agents who are trained to spit a couple of dialogues and the Supervisors are no better. As mentioned by someone else on this thread, you end up losing a lot of money on making calls to follow up on complaints and TRUST ME, they are NEVER EVER serviced.This company is pretty much the pit bottom of what customer service can be provided. They are just a bunch or morons or dorks running this service.

humm... :S I donot know what to say, I got WiMax Connection in the month of February 2008, I am in Hulimavu, Bangalore, I have not got any issues other than getting the Ip address problem (5 times for the past 6 months) which got resolved within 1 hour. All i want to tell you is the connection is quite stable, unlike the other wi max vendors, trust me i have downloaded nearly 120 gb of data for these past 5 months. While getting connection please remember the following 1) Make sure that you are getting good signal strength. otherwise tell them promptly to re-orient the antenna.2) The antenna is fitted to a separate pipe (6 feet tall) not to any wall or any water pipe line.3) Optimize the cable length between the antenna and the POE Modem Device.4) Ensure that there are no joints in the cable, if joint is unavoidable then use RJ45 pin jointer.5) Make sure that your computer is free of viruses (Many people won't care about this and complain about the connection), the anti virus updates are up to date.6) Regarding the CC people they are not technical people (mostly they will be fresh graduates) they are just carriers of our problem so kindly don't expect technical support from them. It is techy people whom we have to blame, but unfortunately the CC executive is being hitted by us :wall:.

Actually, I disagree. Reliance WiMax in Bangalore is actually quite good - all you have to do is ensure you go to the right reseller. I'm a WiMax customer, in JP Nagar 1st Phase, and am very pleasantly surprised at the stability and throughput rates of Reliance WiMax here.

Try calling this chap, who is also a Reliance reseller: Mahesh on 9343555199 (reseller name is Gemnet) and speak to him. Gemnet's landline number is 080 32417072 / 25298914.

Hi dude, thanks for the suggestion... Actually my signal strength was always gud (~20), and i didnt have any connection problems either. Only thing is my d/l was worse (~10 kbps). However i got BSNL (Home 500C+)now and i do around 150 gb/month approx. And i sleep happily nowadays. Also lots of bsnl connections are available these days, so you can give a shot at it. Atleast you can book the connection and visit the local bsnl office and keep bugging them for a week. You will surely get it. Its worth a try since u can d/l the world for 600 RS :D

humm... :S I donot know what to say, I got WiMax Connection in the month of February 2008, I am in Hulimavu, Bangalore, I have not got any issues other than getting the Ip address problem (5 times for the past 6 months) which got resolved within 1 hour.

Dear NSC_TPT,
Are you still using Reliance Wimax? Is it still good?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Madhur

I think i can use the right word for CallCenter is STUPID Call Center booked 7 times my complaint in alternative days and all complaint closed without any troubleshooting, when again called and said its 8time... they PROMISED it will done in 24Hours... i think other ISP's should not learn from RELIANCE.... Worst experience i ever had...i am planning to change the connection....

Donno Guys why some of u dont like Reliance WiMax, I'm using Reliance WiMax for more then a year & i dont think till now i have faced any issue with that, if something goes wrong it doesn't take more then 3hrs to get it done.As per speed is concern i get around 120 / 125 KBps Upload & Download.:thumbsup:Last thing is that i'm very much happy with service they are currently providing.:yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back